Help! My Cupcakes Always Fall Apart!

Baking By 3Tprincesses Updated 22 Oct 2016 , 6:49pm by 3Tprincesses

3Tprincesses Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
3Tprincesses Posted 22 Oct 2016 , 1:24pm
post #1 of 5

Please help!  I have a birthday party tomorrow and I need to make cupcakes.  The problem is that they always come out looking great but once I take the wrapper off they crumble and fall apart.  Last night I made a stacked 9"round and the same problem happened.  I have tried doing cake mixes with add ins or doing just as directed... neither of these seem to work.  I do live at high altitude (close to 5200 ft).  Does anyone have any tips to help please?

4 replies
julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 22 Oct 2016 , 6:17pm
post #2 of 5

Do you let the cupcakes cool? (Why do you take the wrappers off anyway?) What is the recipe you were using? I think without knowing it, it's difficult to give advice. ..

3Tprincesses Posted 22 Oct 2016 , 6:25pm
post #3 of 5

Thanks for responding...I have just been using a box mix.  I myself do not take off the wrappers...it is just when anyone tries to eat them.  I do let them cool before decorating and will often refrigerate and then bring to room temp at the time of the party.  I do live at a high elevation but most mixes don't give much of a difference in directions.  They are always very moist... possibly maybe too much since they fall apart?

julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 22 Oct 2016 , 6:38pm
post #4 of 5

Ya that could be a reason if they are too moist but I never used a box mix so I'm afraid I'm not much of a help here. But I know some others are using them so am sure someone will be able to help. 

3Tprincesses Posted 22 Oct 2016 , 6:49pm
post #5 of 5

Thank you.  I tried adding 2 Tbsp of flour for now.. hopefully that will help and one of these days I will figure it out. Thank you for your time ☺

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%