Friday Night Cake Club For 10/21/16

Decorating By catlharper Updated 25 Oct 2016 , 6:45pm by Pastrybaglady

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 22 Oct 2016 , 3:53am
post #1 of 32

Opening up another session of the FNCC! ALL levels of cakers are welcome to share their week, photos of their work, ask for help if needed or help out if they can!

Cat

31 replies
catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 22 Oct 2016 , 4:55am
post #2 of 32

Hi Everyone! This has been my birthday week and we had a wonderful time! This is the cake I made. Triple chocolate cake with chocolate brownie buttercream filling. Vanilla buttercream outside and chocolate Eiffel Tower. I added more cocoa powder than normal and I swear it's the best chocolate cake I've ever made! Sorry for the crappy cell phone image but it was the best I got![postimage id="5411" thumb="900"]

julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 22 Oct 2016 , 6:55am
post #3 of 32

Oh my... @catlharper ‍ ...that cake is adorable! !!! I loooved the Eifel tower and the colours are so well choosen. The red heart in the middle and the small and bigger swirls around...It looks really romantic! And then the flavours. ..yummy!  Never heard of chocolate brownie buttercream filling but it sound delicious. Happy birthday and I hope you had a fantastic week! 

julia1812 Posted 22 Oct 2016 , 6:58am
post #4 of 32

I made a last minute cake for my son's friend's birthday which was my present to him. Initially he wanted a tree house cake and I was super excited about it but due to the change of date I wasn't able to do more than this cell phone cake (well...He got a phone for his birthday so at least the theme was good lol). 

[postimage id="5412" thumb="900"]

LelekBolek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LelekBolek Posted 22 Oct 2016 , 11:19am
post #5 of 32

@catlharper ‍  Love Paris cake! So adorable, and tender! I feel compelled to steal the design.

@julia1812 ‍ - that does NOT look like a last-minute to me. Beautifully done!

Nothing for me this week. The week has been awful, busy, exhausting, and overall low. Except for the gorgeous fall weather, and finding "free food" on my "I really need a break" hike to regain sanity :-)

I was again approached with a too-close-to-date cake request, that I had to politely turn down. There was simply not enough time for what they wanted, and I was too exhausted to even offer to make a simpler cake.

louglou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
louglou Posted 22 Oct 2016 , 11:45pm
post #6 of 32

Here's my Katherine Sabbath inspired cake for my daughter's 7th birthday. I'm doing a cake decorating party for her and 5 friends tomorrow so have been rather busy this week.[postimage id="5415" thumb="900"]

ElizabethsCakeCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ElizabethsCakeCreations Posted 23 Oct 2016 , 1:33am
post #7 of 32

Zelda skyward shield cake [postimage id="5416" thumb="900"]

Lizdcab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lizdcab Posted 23 Oct 2016 , 10:14pm
post #8 of 32
kstevens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kstevens Posted 23 Oct 2016 , 11:38pm
post #9 of 32

@catlharper ‍ Happy Birthday!  Your cake is beautiful and very romantic.

@julia1812 ‍ your phone cake is sheer perfection! Doesn't look last minute at all.

@LelekBolek ‍ @LelekBolek ‍ I hope this isa better week for you.

@louglou ‍ I'm really liking the drip cake trend and yours looks delish!

@ElizabethsCakeCreations ‍ Great job on the shield! 

This week was pretty tame for me.  I made peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chip cookies for my students.  Their lab this week was to isolate DNA from their cheek cells so they had to swirl saline.  The cookies were to get rid of the taste.  I made a little 6" apple themed cake for a lady I take pottery with.  She has company visiting from BC (we are in NS) and wanted a valley themed cake for dessert.  Lastly I made a rescue-versary cake for my cane corso, Frankie. I adopted her from a rescue organization that brings dogs to NS from Quebec.  She was seized from her owner for neglect. When I adopted her she was only 75lbs and did not know how to play.  Happy to say that today she weighs 95lbs (ideal weight) and is a giant goof ball!  (She is the brindle dog in the photos).  We had to do a photo re-take with the cake and the dogs as for some reason the first set did not save :-(  That is why the cake is cut in half and all the icing is gone. Lol  

kstevens Posted 23 Oct 2016 , 11:39pm
post #10 of 32

[postimage id="5423" thumb="900"]

kstevens Posted 23 Oct 2016 , 11:40pm
post #11 of 32

[postimage id="5424" thumb="900"]

kstevens Posted 23 Oct 2016 , 11:52pm
post #12 of 32

Oops! I meant to post a collage that included the dogs with the cake.....

[postimage id="5425" thumb="900"]

Bakerlady2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bakerlady2 Posted 24 Oct 2016 , 12:35am
post #13 of 32

@kstevens I love that apple cake, it is so pretty.

msalasek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msalasek Posted 24 Oct 2016 , 3:23am
post #14 of 32
msalasek Posted 24 Oct 2016 , 3:43am
post #15 of 32

Not sure if my pictures posted because nothing is coming up

julia1812 Posted 24 Oct 2016 , 4:35am
post #16 of 32

@msalasek ‍ I can't see a picture :/

@kstevens ‍nice apple cake! Looks so real but I guess the apple basket was tiny so it must have been quite fiddly to make it. I love the rescue-versary cake idea!!! I've got two big dogs too and I'm sure they would appreciate some cake hahaha. How did you make it? 

And thanks, my cake was as last minute as I can handle, which was enough time not to do a night shift...just to clear that...

@ElizabethsCakeCreations ‍ never heard of Zelda but it looks like a lot of work.

@louglou ‍ never heard of Katharine sabbath either...but you cake looks so yummy. Love the dripping effect.

msalasek Posted 24 Oct 2016 , 6:00am
post #17 of 32

[postimage id="5429" thumb="900"]

msalasek Posted 24 Oct 2016 , 6:01am
post #18 of 32

This is a train theme cake I made last week...finally got the picture to upload:)

julia1812 Posted 24 Oct 2016 , 6:49am
post #19 of 32

@msalasek ‍ WOW!!! That cake looks perfect. Well done! Am sure the young recipient was over the moon.

ElizabethsCakeCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ElizabethsCakeCreations Posted 24 Oct 2016 , 10:07am
post #20 of 32

@julia1812 ‍ it's a video game, for a teenage boy. I love the gold and silver, that stuff is so cool.

@kstevens ‍ thank, iI'm happy with how it turned out :)

Amazing cakes ladies, everybody was spot on this week!

I finally have a frozen theme cake so excited to glitter up those snowflakes! I've got to make Olaf too YouTube rocks there's half a dozen videos on how to make him!

kstevens Posted 24 Oct 2016 , 12:51pm
post #21 of 32

@msalasek ‍ your train cake is adorable & perfect!  Love it!

@julia1812 ‍ the apple basket was actually not too bad to do but it was also the second one I have done.  I cut thin strips of gumpaste & then formed it over a small container.  Easy peasy.  I have a couple of cookbooks for dog treats & the cake came from "Three Dog Bakery Cookbook".  They are all natural treats and quite a variety if you were ever interested in getting a book of your own.  The banana cake is called "Let 'Em Eat Cake" and the recipe is:

2 cups                   water

¼ cup                    mashed banana

1/8 tsp                  vanilla

1                              egg

2 tbsp                   honey

3 cups                   whole wheat flour

1 cup                     dried bananas

½ tbsp.                 baking powder

Frosting:

8 ounces              low-fat cream cheese

3 tsp                      carob powder

1 tsp                      vanilla

Preheat oven to 350°F.  In a bowl, mix together water, bananas, vanilla, egg and honey.  In a separate bowl, combine flour, dried bananas and baking powder.  Mix thoroughly.  Add wet ingredients to dry and mix well.  Pour into an 8” greased pan and bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.  To make the frosting, beat all ingredients together in a small bowl until smooth.  Spread over the cake and decorate it with pieces of crushed dried banana.  Store in an airtight container.

I couldn't find carob powder where I normally purchase it so I melted some carob chips and stir in to the frosting instead.  I also threw some on the top of the frosting with the banana chips.  They licked all the frosting off first.  Hope your dogs enjoy it!

Lizdcab Posted 24 Oct 2016 , 1:01pm
post #22 of 32

[postimage id="5440" thumb="900"][postimage id="5441" thumb="900"][postimage id="5442" thumb="900"][postimage id="5443" thumb="900"]

Lizdcab Posted 24 Oct 2016 , 1:05pm
post #23 of 32

This is my "Emme" cake from the front. Sorry these are not perfect, I've been doing this for 9  months or so :)

[postimage id="5444" thumb="900"]

Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 24 Oct 2016 , 6:15pm
post #24 of 32

These are emoji whoopie pies for a 9 year old's birthday.

[postimage id="5451" thumb="900"]

Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 24 Oct 2016 , 6:48pm
post #25 of 32

Happy Birthday Cat! Your cake is very sweet and I'm sure delicious! Are you still celebrating or are the festivities winding down yet?

msalasek Posted 24 Oct 2016 , 9:38pm
post #26 of 32

Thanks everyone for the support I really appreciate it! I'm only fifteen but I've been cake decorating for years and I love it:) I'm definitely one of the young ones but I'm learning my way up to the top! 

remnant3333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
remnant3333 Posted 25 Oct 2016 , 12:17am
post #27 of 32

Thanks for posting!! Everyone's cakes and cupcakes look terrific!!! I always enjoy looking at what everyone has been making!!

Naivohw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Naivohw Posted 25 Oct 2016 , 5:26pm
post #28 of 32
Naivohw Posted 25 Oct 2016 , 5:27pm
post #29 of 32

[postimage id="5466" thumb="900"]

Naivohw Posted 25 Oct 2016 , 5:28pm
post #30 of 32

[postimage id="5467" thumb="900"]

Quote by @%username% on %date%