Zombie Hand And Arm

Decorating By neda_la Updated 23 Oct 2016 , 11:15pm by LelekBolek

neda_la Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
neda_la Posted 20 Oct 2016 , 2:11pm
post #1 of 4

Hi everyone, I have an order for zombie arm/hand cake.

I would appreciate any information regarding making and decorating it. How should I make the fingers? Blood? Any tips for the skin, veins, bruises, etc would be highly appreciated! I couldn't find anything on the internet.

TIA

3 replies
neda_la Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
neda_la Posted 23 Oct 2016 , 6:03am
post #2 of 4

Anyone out there can help me please?

Thanks

kstevens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kstevens Posted 23 Oct 2016 , 1:52pm
post #3 of 4

You haven't given us much info to go on for offering help. Is the arm/hand laying flat?  Coming up out of the ground?  Is the cake itself the arm/hand or would the arm/hand be a topper added to maybe a slab cake?  How big is the cake going to be?  

In my opiion I think how you go about making this cake depends on all of the questions I just asked.  

I am attaching a link to a video by Yolanda Gampp of "How to Cake It" where she makes a leg.  This may help you?  

https://howtocakeit.com/collections/recipes/products/halloween-leg-cake

I'm not trying to mean in saying this, but if you're really not comfortable making this cake/can't wrap your head around it, then maybe you should tell your client that?  Good luck?

LelekBolek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LelekBolek Posted 23 Oct 2016 , 11:15pm
post #4 of 4

I am with kstevens.  Not much to go by.

Not trying to be rude, but perhaps you should not accept an order, when (as it sounds from your op) you do not have at least some idea of where to start. 

Just a word of caution: rushing into accepting an order, may be a fast way to a cake disaster. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%