Twix Cream Filling????

Baking By Miss.Reynolds Updated 26 Oct 2016 , 6:56pm by Miss.Reynolds

Miss.Reynolds Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Miss.Reynolds Posted 18 Oct 2016 , 8:04pm
post #1 of 9

So a recent customer of mine is crazy about chocolate and im making her a chocolate and vanilla marble cake. She told me to do something crazy with the filling and Im thinking of going with a cream cheese filling with chopped Twix candy bars added. Does this sound Wanky? any ideas???

Thanks in Advance! 

8 replies
ElizabethsCakeCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ElizabethsCakeCreations Posted 19 Oct 2016 , 1:05am
post #2 of 9

Carmel popcorn 

ElizabethsCakeCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ElizabethsCakeCreations Posted 19 Oct 2016 , 1:10am
post #3 of 9

I love cream cheese and twix, but together? I think that would be gross. It still has to taste good. Maybe pretzels and chocolate. Salty and sweet. I think something crunchy would be good

gscout73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gscout73 Posted 19 Oct 2016 , 2:15am
post #4 of 9

I LOVE TWIX!!!! But I don't know how I'd feel taking a bite of choc cake, or any cake for that matter, and finding something hard and crunchy in the filling. Maybe I'm too old fashioned. But I might think there's egg shells or something wrong.

Miss.Reynolds Posted 19 Oct 2016 , 2:24pm
post #5 of 9

@ElizabethsCakeCreations ‍ I guess I had too many good things in one idea. ha!

lol @gscout73 ‍ I thought of the egg shell effect too. Ok so twix is out. I saw a recipe that made its own "snickers" filling and it had evaporated milk, marshmallow fluff, sugar and peanut. Do you think the peanuts will throw people off?

drea88 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
drea88 Posted 19 Oct 2016 , 2:51pm
post #6 of 9

I don't think there's anything wrong with using twix in a filling. Lots of cakes have a crunchy component (e.g., nuts or pretzels or caramel corn, as suggested above). I've made a millionaire's layer cake from a popular cake blog that had crumbled up shortbread in the filling (crunchy), and it was delicious, and I've seen recipes that use candy bars in the filling. I've baked candy bars into the center of cupcakes and, while crunchy candy bars in the center of a cupcake weren't my favorite, they were popular with other people. I think the important thing is whether your friend likes crunchy in her cake. As far as cream cheese goes, for me it would depend on if cream cheese is the primary flavor, or if it's just used to make the buttercream less sweet. I use a caramel cream cheese buttercream that only has a small amount of cream cheese, which you don't taste. I think vanilla or caramel Swiss meringue buttercream would also go with twix.

Miss.Reynolds Posted 19 Oct 2016 , 3:08pm
post #7 of 9

@drea88 ‍  I made SMBC last week for a wedding cake and the customer called last minute and said "My hubby to be wants strawberry cream cheese filling for the cake." so Iast minute I said what the heck. . .and I added about 8 ounces of Cream cheese to the SMBC and it was really good. Not overpowering and had just a hint of sweet and cream cheese. I was thinking about going with that again and adding some type of candy to it. BTW the outside of the cake is going to be the "barrell Kitkats" look. smile.png

remnant3333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
remnant3333 Posted 20 Oct 2016 , 1:49am
post #8 of 9

I always add peanut butter to my buttercream chocolate cake and people go crazy over it. The kids fell in love with the peanut butter frosting.  The people who hated chocolate told me that it was the best cake they ever had!! I have to agree that the peanut butter frosting is so good!!!

Miss.Reynolds Posted 26 Oct 2016 , 6:56pm
post #9 of 9

Hi All! So I ended up going with the Peanut Butter mousse and everyone LOVED it! Im glad I didnt add any extra candy to it. It would have been too much with the KitKats. Thanks for all the help! 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%