What Customers Do With Your Cakes

Business By whatthecake Updated 11 Oct 2016 , 11:55am by Frank68

whatthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
whatthecake Posted 11 Oct 2016 , 5:12am
post #1 of 2

I recently had a customer get a cake from me and she didn't have the party with cake until days later. (I have no idea why she did that. Why she didn't ask for it to be done at a later date.) Well as you can imagine it started to go down hill and the fondant started to sag. It didn't look good. But she took lots of pictures and posted it to fb and told everyone where she got it. I was embarrassed because the cake no longer looked good. I didn't want people to think I gave it to her looking like that. How would you all handle that situation???

1 reply
Frank68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Frank68 Posted 11 Oct 2016 , 11:55am
post #2 of 2

I have an email that contains a bunch of information that I need in order to estimate an order. Some of the questions :

• Date of party
  • Theme
  • # of guests
  • etc.

I deliver cakes to a venue the day of the party, or for a private party at a house, the day before sometimes. The main thing is to understand how long your cakes will stay fresh before a party and then provide the customer with specific instructions on how to handle the cake beforehand. The customer probably didn't know that she couldn't keep the cake out for that long so some upfront discussion would have been helpful. 

Frank

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%