Problem With Chocolate Melting

Decorating By Madeira Updated 30 Sep 2016 , 7:01am by Apti

Madeira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Madeira Posted 28 Sep 2016 , 5:52pm
post #1 of 3

[postimage id="5180" thumb="900"]

Hello everyone! :) I have a problem with chocolate melting process. I use chocolate who is ready for melting, and I use polycarbonate mold. Always I have fail  with that. I try to more approaches how to make nice and shiny chocolate shoes. But always I have little holes or bright pigments. What I do wrong? Thanks for your answers ;)  I attached photo ;)

2 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 28 Sep 2016 , 7:53pm
post #2 of 3

White choco is much thicker - and thereby harder to use in a mold.  You can try adding a bit of shrotening to loosen the white chocolate.  The other thing is once your mold is filled bang it on the counter a few times and those bubbles will rise to the surface & break or you can break them w/a tootpick or pin.  As for bright pigments I really don't know.  I think maybe it's the quality of the choco you are using.  Can you try a different brand? 

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 30 Sep 2016 , 7:01am
post #3 of 3

Another way to avoid air bubbles in your chocolate is to let the chocolate pour into the mold from one point near an edge or corner and let it "flow" to fill in the surfaces and shapes instead of pouring it all in at once.  You can also "poke" the air bubbles you may see in a detailed part of the mold with a toothpick.  

Never "wash" your molds!  If you want to clean them, just run under hot, NOT boiling water, until the chocolate is gone, then let air dry upside down.  If you wash molds, you may roughen up the surface on the inside of the mold which will then cause problems the next time. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%