Need Cake Pop Help, Using Box Mix And Silicone Pop Pans.

Baking By frosting111 Updated 21 Oct 2016 , 12:03am by pajnpis

frosting111 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frosting111 Posted 18 Sep 2016 , 3:54pm
post #1 of 8
[postimage id="5132" thumb="900"]
Need Cake Pop HELP!

I need to know how to make dense cake pops with boxed cake mixes using a silicone cake pop pan.

I've read to use milk instead of water and only half of what the box instructions calls for, and add an extra egg, some say don't use oil at all.....I'm getting very confused on all the various instructions.

I really need a fool proof way to make these cake pops, my order for these is next week and she gave me various cake mix flavors to use, she has a map layout of what flavor goes where.

Its for her hubbys 70th B/day, so she wanted a huge "7" on a foam core board and a huge "0' on the other one, these boards will be set beside each other, on a comedy bus.

I have all the chocolates to dip them in, and even the drizzles.
I ordered some Paramount Crystals to thin and condition the chocolates with.

I have the pop boards made, used holographic paper to cover them with and made the numbers using black poster board...turned out GREAT...I need to start making the cake pops next week, her order is due by next Saturday Oct 1st....I've been so busy with other cakes and health issues, Ive not had the time to focus on the cake pops like I wish I could have, so any help would be highly appreciated.

I need help from those who have done this with cake mix successfully, I have some life issues going on and anxiety level is high, I need this to go as smoothly as possible.

Thanks in advance, Mary =)
7 replies
frosting111 Posted 18 Sep 2016 , 4:41pm
post #2 of 8

smile.png anybody =\

marciboden Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marciboden Posted 18 Sep 2016 , 5:53pm
post #3 of 8

Any particular reason you aren't making the cake pops from crumbled cake and frosting to hold them together?

frosting111 Posted 18 Sep 2016 , 6:32pm
post #4 of 8

She wants various flavors and not with the icing mixed into them.

I

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 18 Sep 2016 , 6:41pm
post #5 of 8

i'm not a big cake pop fan but i made some with cake i dried out in the oven first and crumbled up -- then mixed with a bit of leftover icing and the rest of the still fresh cake --

well i guess they weren't exactly pops on sticks either --

all the ideas you presented will give you a denser cake -- extra egg, less liquid -- oil tenderizes cake so --  i mean i just used baked cake and squished them up into balls -- yeah i made cake balls not pops -- but i could have made them into pops & dunked them --

so all that to say i don't think you need to do a lot of different things to make them turn out dense -- if you just squish them together they will hold with some icing -- i would not do anything different to mine if it was me except the drying out part -- and that was with red velvet which is pretty crumbly so ---

but anyway -- i hope you have a worry free -- easy time to get this all made and assembled all things considered -- and if not -- then that you just accept it without using up any more energy and keep your head high and sail on through anyway navigating as best you can --

i've been doing this -- the 10 day free part -- https://www.headspace.com/ -- i like it!

Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 18 Sep 2016 , 9:07pm
post #6 of 8

You could try using a boxed pound cake mix. It would accomplish what you want straight up without all the substitutions and additives.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 18 Sep 2016 , 11:26pm
post #7 of 8

frosting 111 -- what are the various flavors she wants?

pajnpis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pajnpis Posted 21 Oct 2016 , 12:03am
post #8 of 8

I've made cake balls only so don't know if this is a good suggestions. I usually buy box cake mix and use the the wasc by kakeladi. As for flavor, I just used flavor frosting otherwise the most favorite that the family looked forward to every time I make cake balls is the chocolate peppermint mocha covered in chocolate. I use the peppermint mocha coffee creamer so bind it all together.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%