Need Help On Altering Bear Pan

Decorating By 2girlsmomma Updated 14 Sep 2016 , 7:50pm by -K8memphis

2girlsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2girlsmomma Posted 12 Sep 2016 , 11:36pm
post #1 of 6

I got a 3D care bear cake pan with the intention of altering a bit to do a teddy bear(enlarging the ends of legs, angling arms). But now that it's here, the head looks too big for the belly

5 replies
2girlsmomma Posted 13 Sep 2016 , 12:27am
post #2 of 6

For some room, it won't post the rest of my post! Trying to figure out the best way to add to the belly maybe? What about trimming off the existing legs and adding cake to the bottom? Would I need to dowel it? Would I be better off using cake pop mixture for the bottom portion?

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 13 Sep 2016 , 4:57pm
post #3 of 6

those are hard to answer because i don't know exactly what your bear pan looks like and because i don't know what picture you have of your finished product in your head -- kwim -- so -- kinda makes it tough to respond --

it's the sitting down bear that has two cake pans, a front and a back? idk -- i like it as it is so to me -- if you have a vision -- go for it! -- dowels might be a good idea yes -- cake pop mixture or cake or rice krispie treats? any of those i'm sure

-K8memphis Posted 13 Sep 2016 , 5:14pm
post #4 of 6

i mean maybe you need to set the whole thing on another layer -- dowel it then sculpt/enlarge the tummy, arms and legs?

2girlsmomma Posted 14 Sep 2016 , 3:11am
post #5 of 6

That's kinda what I'm thinking. It's an old 3D care bear pan from the 80s, looking to do a teddy bear, kinda like this [postimage id="5101" thumb="900"][postimage id="5102" thumb="900"]. I'm aiming for 

-K8memphis Posted 14 Sep 2016 , 7:50pm
post #6 of 6

oh cool -- no I think you could just add a few cupcakes or a few slices of cake for the arms legs and ears or maybe for the ears just build up some icing  -- no I think you got this with just packing on a little more cake --

I mean you might want a dowel through to some foam underneath the bottom board to keep him stable -- but I'd use a nice dense cake anyway like a pound cake and you'll be fine on height without dowelling -- just needs a little stability esp if it will be delivered -- but if it's going from kitchen to table -- no worries!

would love to see your finished work or an update on how it all works out for you --

best to you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%