Bubble Straws

Baking By ljmlinda Updated 11 Sep 2016 , 10:52pm by -K8memphis

ljmlinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ljmlinda Posted 9 Sep 2016 , 5:37pm
post #1 of 9

Where can I purchase whit or clear straws for stacking cakes. I cannot find anything but colors.

8 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 9 Sep 2016 , 6:11pm
post #2 of 9

idk -- i never tried to find a certain color -- i usually go for the brights or stripes 'cause i like the happy coloration -- never thought about that -- colored ones are easier to fish out --

interesting question -- and i have no clue

Ritzgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maybenot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maybenot Posted 9 Sep 2016 , 7:49pm
post #4 of 9

I agree with K8.  The colored straws are much easier to find when deconstructing and cutting the cake.  I have some clear ones with colored stripes on them and they're pretty visible, as well. 

ljmlinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ljmlinda Posted 9 Sep 2016 , 8:42pm
post #5 of 9

I just like the white or clear for wedding cake. They look better.

johnson6ofus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnson6ofus Posted 10 Sep 2016 , 3:09am
post #6 of 9

Who sees the straws others than the caterer and kitchen staff portioning the cake in the kitchen? Or is there some design that exposes them?

maybenot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maybenot Posted 10 Sep 2016 , 7:59pm
post #7 of 9

No, johnson, if anyone other than the cake cutters are seeing those straws, there are bigger problems to worry about than the color!!!

johnson6ofus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnson6ofus Posted 11 Sep 2016 , 9:22pm
post #8 of 9

@maybenot....OK, just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing some great detail. I agree that bright colors help locate them when the time comes to cut the cake. :) 

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 11 Sep 2016 , 10:52pm
post #9 of 9

hmm, over the years with the greater and greater degrees of cake nakedness ranging from bare naked plain smooth icing to icing scraped cakes to bare naked cakies -- I hope exposed naked dowels is not the next craze!

stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye.png

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%