Cake Sizes.

Decorating By Seagray Updated 1 Sep 2016 , 2:12am by -K8memphis

Seagray Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Seagray Posted 30 Aug 2016 , 10:08pm
post #1 of 10

Hi.  

Can someone help me with sizes of this cake?    

I'm thinking 8,6,4  but not sure and I'm doubting myself.. Would also like to know how high you think each teir is and even topper height.   My proportions are never right!   

Thanks[postimage id="5018" thumb="900"]

Carol x

9 replies
Jinkies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jinkies Posted 31 Aug 2016 , 12:08am
post #2 of 10

Looks like 10,8,6 to me. Tiers are tall, prob 5".

Go by how many servings you need though.  You can change the tier sizes and have the same design.

julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 31 Aug 2016 , 6:42am
post #3 of 10

It could be made to any size as long as you keep the proportions right. The top could be a 4" (3" high) or an 8" (6" high). It all depends on how many servings you need. See what I mean?

If you are buying the cake topper you can measure it's width. If it's 4 or 5 inches the top tier is most likely 6". But if you make your own topper it doesn't matter because you would adjust its width to the top tier...

Seagray Posted 31 Aug 2016 , 6:49am
post #4 of 10

Hi. Thanks for the reply.   I realise it could be any size.   But the bride likes these proportions for the whole thing,  board included.  

Carol

julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 31 Aug 2016 , 6:51am
post #5 of 10

So how many servings does she require?

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 31 Aug 2016 , 3:07pm
post #6 of 10

Commercial wedding cake toppers are typically sized to look appropriate on a 6" top tier.  That cake is definitely a 6/8/10.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 31 Aug 2016 , 4:22pm
post #7 of 10

on a 14" board --

I worked for someone who would take orders for duplicating a cake but have the cake baked to the number if servings -- no es bueno no no no! then the person would b*tch because it wasn't exact but he blew I from the beginning ordering the right size

-K8memphis Posted 31 Aug 2016 , 4:33pm
post #8 of 10

I was trying to say the owner blew it from the get go by not recognizing the need to get the silhouette right -- as you are so wise to be sure of getting correct --

so good job on that

Seagray Posted 31 Aug 2016 , 5:23pm
post #9 of 10

She had decided that the cake should look perfect and in proportion first and foremost.  Additional portions will be supplied by cutting cakes in the back.  The bride gets what the bride wants!  Lol x

-K8memphis Posted 1 Sep 2016 , 2:12am
post #10 of 10

fwiw -- the bride needs to know that the size of her cake needs to be somewhat in proportion to the size of her crowd otherwise her guests will feel unprovided for kwim -- it might seem minor but some of her guests will go there -- it's just something she needs to weigh with all her other food/cake choices

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%