Pillow Or Crown Shaped Wedding Tier Help

Decorating By SueBuddy Updated 30 Aug 2016 , 6:14pm by Tootie224

SueBuddy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SueBuddy Posted 29 Aug 2016 , 9:39pm
post #1 of 6

[postimage id="5013" thumb="900"]

I know this is a long shot, but........Does anyone know what the shape of the 3rd tier is called. (the one right under the quilted layer and above the petal)    I thought I saw a pan shaped like this once but now I am unable to find one,  or a tutorial on how to carve a layer like this.  Any thoughts or info on this would be greatly appreciated :)
I am also VERY sorry the picture is on its side.  I am new to posting on here and I can't figure out what Im doing wrong :(

5 replies
julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 30 Aug 2016 , 10:38am
post #2 of 6

I don't know but to be honest I wouldn't invest in such a specific pan unless I use it a few times. And the shape doesn't look very difficult to carve. I even think you gonna spend not more time filling, icing and carving the top of that layer than you would trying to level, fill and ice as my guess is that the cake is baked upside down and unless your cakes turn out perfectly flat it looks a bit wonky on the top and difficult to keep it straight while cutting the top (which is then the bottom).

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 30 Aug 2016 , 11:03am
post #3 of 6

It's a shape margaret braun uses all the time especially in her book, cakewalk

I don't remember ever hearing a specific name for it 

-K8memphis Posted 30 Aug 2016 , 11:05am
post #4 of 6

but yeah don't buy a pan

-K8memphis Posted 30 Aug 2016 , 2:46pm
post #5 of 6

there's a bunch of pictures if you do a search

Tootie224 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tootie224 Posted 30 Aug 2016 , 6:14pm
post #6 of 6

How about a fairly thick fondant "crown" wrapped around the cake layer topped with icing drops.  That's what it looks like to me.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%