Please Help Me With My Mirror Glaze Cake

Baking By Linda2010 Updated 27 Aug 2016 , 12:13am by -K8memphis

Linda2010 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Linda2010 Posted 26 Aug 2016 , 5:31am
post #1 of 2

Please give me the best idea how to make a super smooth surface for a cake to be covered with the mirror glaze. 

I have tried two different kinds of mousses.

One was not liquid enough when I poured on my cake and it left some bumps on the sides of the cake. 

Then I found another recipe for another mousse ,  but it was too watery that when I took it out from the freezer and I poured the glaze it started to melt down. 

On my 3rd attempt I just poured the glaze over the cake and it was not too bad, but you could see some small imperfections.  and small bumps.   So please tell me what is your best suggestion to get that superrrr smoooooth surface that is on the beautiful cakes that we see on the pictures???

I am attaching photos of the first cake in blue and the third cake in brown. I don´t have a picture of the second, because it bacame a mess.

Thank you in advance for your help.

[postimage id="4994" thumb="900"][postimage id="4995" thumb="900"]

1 reply
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 27 Aug 2016 , 12:13am
post #2 of 2

I've never been a perfectionist with this kind of stuff but I have two ideas -- one is to ensure there are no bubbles in your glaze -- pouring it through a strainer would do it or stirring it with a spoon before pouring -- the other small idea is to use corn syrup in your glaze --

wish I had some more on the subject -- your recipes should give be giving you much nicer results

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%