Is The Canon Mg6820 A Good Printer For Edible Ink?

Decorating By charw23 Updated 23 Jul 2017 , 11:59pm by icingimages

charw23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
charw23 Posted 22 Aug 2016 , 1:56am
post #1 of 6

Good evening everybody,

I bought a canon printer today to use for edible printing.  Now I am unsure if the one I got can be used with edible ink and or will be a good printer for this.  Does anyone use this printer for edibles?  Or any advice?

Thank you,

Charlene

5 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 22 Aug 2016 , 2:12pm
post #2 of 6

check out icingimages.com -- they are experts

and you can do searches on here in the forums and blogs too probably about that subject -- it is a regular topic -- tons of great info in the can --

best to you

ps it's a difficult venture as far as i'm concerned -- edible images -- i bought a whole deal -- never even opened it and sold it on ebay -- i know a headache when i see one hahahahaha -- but seriously icingimages can advise you as can the searches on here -- i do wish you the best with this difficult imo process

charw23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
charw23 Posted 22 Aug 2016 , 2:22pm
post #3 of 6

Thank you!  I already purchased the printer so I am kinda there already.  I have been looking at your site for the ink cartridges.  Really need opinions on whether this printer has worked well for others.  I will take a look at your forums.  Thank you again.

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 8 Nov 2016 , 3:53am
post #4 of 6

Hi,

I am sure you probably already picked your ink, but I wanted to place this information out there.

The edible ink is the heart of the printer except for the fact that you should go with a Canon printer over an Epson printer.  The Canon printer has  a removable printhead allowing you to clean the printhead if there is a problem.  Because the Epson printer does not have a removable printhead, when you have to clean a clog, you have to use a contraption that puts water in to the printer which is not a safe bet. 

Once you choose Canon, you choose your ink.  This is the most important decision of edible printing.  If you buy a cheap edible ink, you will have problems.  Not only will you have color issues, but more importantly, you will have clogging.  The severity of the clog could ruin your printer.  So do not go cheap, go with reputation of edible inks. 

After you choose your edible inks, you choose your edible paper.  There are choices of icing sheets.  The Premium Icing Sheet is the first edible icing sheet that is flexible, the only one that runs edge to edge, has an easy peel backing and tastes good!

I invite you to try the Icing Images brand, but I will also suggest to ask others, as I am the owner, and most people would assume that I am biased!  But honestly, my goal is to make your customers happy by providing good quality products that allow you to print and print and print and print!  Good luck!

Sunflower1010 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sunflower1010 Posted 23 Jul 2017 , 5:26pm
post #5 of 6

I bought a canon printer with clear cartridges - do I empty the water before adding ink to them?

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 23 Jul 2017 , 11:59pm
post #6 of 6

Hey since u facebooked me I will answer there if that's ok

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%