Pricing For A Custom Made Cupcake

Business By bakessweetmemories Updated 24 Aug 2016 , 4:38am by julia1812

bakessweetmemories Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakessweetmemories Posted 19 Aug 2016 , 2:54am
post #1 of 4

I know there are a million threada here about how to price a cupcake. I'm sorry if this is repetitious but I'm really lost. I have an idea where I would like to sell snowglobe style cupcakea for both Halloween and Christmas. I understand how to price a cupcake. Mine will be a filled cupcake. But where I get lost is how to price them decorated as a totally edible snowglobe. Obviously, these will be more labor intensive. Any suggestions?

3 replies
julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 19 Aug 2016 , 4:41am
post #2 of 4

I have a standard cupcake price to which I add a surcharge for toppers depending on how long it takes me to make them. So let's say for an example a dozen cupcake go for 25$ and the decoration takes you 5 hours with an hourly wage of 15$, I'd charge 40$ plus additional material costs plus 10% profit. I make a lot of cupcake toppers from simple 2D up to tiny intricate 3D ones and that is the easiest way to calculate costs for me. Just make sure you are good at estimating your work time correctly otherwise this will backfire!

bakessweetmemories Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakessweetmemories Posted 23 Aug 2016 , 9:54pm
post #3 of 4

Thank you very much Julia1812.  I really appreciate the information.  Sometimes it just takes someone to really spell it out for you and you did! Thanks again.

julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 24 Aug 2016 , 4:38am
post #4 of 4

Most welcome. 

*edit: 5x15$ plus 25$ is 100$ not 40$...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%