Fudge Instead Of Ganache Under Fondant

Decorating By ylescu Updated 18 Aug 2016 , 10:53am by -K8memphis

ylescu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ylescu Posted 18 Aug 2016 , 7:10am
post #1 of 3

Has anyone tried this? Due to the extremely hot and humid weather in our country, ganache still tends to soften under fondant, and I lose sharp corners or the fondant just melts along with it. 

I'm thinking of straight up swapping the cream for condensed milk in the ganache, thereby producing a fudge --just like in a 2 ingredient fudge bar recipe.

Since fudge bars can stay stiff at room temperature AND through the humidity here, I was thinking of spreading the mixture onto cake in place of ganache. I just want to get the stability everyone gets with ganache, without the fear of melting /softening in the heat and humidity.

Any thoughts? 

2 replies
julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 18 Aug 2016 , 10:36am
post #2 of 3

I am no help asni never tried but let me know if it works please. 

I make a fudge filling but feel it isn't spreadable as nicely once set. It's a different recipe than yours so don't know if it would behave the same way...

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 18 Aug 2016 , 10:53am
post #3 of 3

I've never tried it either but I love your problem solving thought process -- but I have made fudge pieces in silicone molds and love the results -- it does hold impressions well -- yes please update on your progress -- best to you

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%