What Is Your Favorite Cake/order

Lounge By Webake2gether Updated 16 Aug 2016 , 3:33pm by julia1812

Webake2gether Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Webake2gether Posted 15 Aug 2016 , 12:21pm
post #1 of 14

Do you have a favorite cake/order? I'd love to hear what your favorite is and why. Also please feel free to share pictures. It can be the best executed cake you've ever done or have a special meaning behind it :) 

my favorite cake was probably a guitar themed birthday cake. The cake turned out good (as always there is a few things I would change lol) but it's my favorite bc of the story behind it. A young lady's grandma contacted us and wanted a special cake for her granddaughter's birthday. When asked what she wanted for her birthday all she said was "for everyone to be happy" bc her grandfather passed away on her birthday the year before and she was very close to him. She loves playing electric guitar so my husband made an electric guitar and amp and on the amp instead of it saying a brand name we put "gramps" as a tribute to her gramps. The young lady personally contacted is thanking us for the the wonderful cake and the tribute to her gramps was perfect. That is probably one of my most favorites. And the other one is the weight lifter that we delivered surprise cupcakes to his reaction and joy was probably the best ever like he won the lottery lol. They were red velvet (his favorite) and had hand sculpted weight lifter themed toppers on them. A group of ladies he trained got them for him for his recent win at a body building show.

So those are my faves what are yours?

13 replies
Jinkies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jinkies Posted 15 Aug 2016 , 1:34pm
post #2 of 14

I love doing book cakes.  Sooo easy to do, no stress and they are impressive to non-cake people.  I would do book cakes all day!

Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 15 Aug 2016 , 4:46pm
post #3 of 14

That's like asking to choose my favorite child! I think the one that was the hardest for me to figure out that came out better than i expected. This was for a 100 anniversary for a family company that makes ukeleles. I was freaked out by the wood that had grain going in two different directions - curly koa. In the end they were so surprised because I actually got the order wrong. She originally said, "A ukelele shaped cake with the logo on it". She was only expecting a brown ukelele shape with their logo big across it. I made a whole lot more work for myself and she must have been wondering why I was charging so much for something so simple! But she was so gracious and when they all saw it they flipped out. Low expectation is the key to happiness!

A cake commissioned by the Kamaka's to celebrate their 100 year anniversary making ukeleles.:

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 15 Aug 2016 , 5:10pm
post #4 of 14

Pastrybaglady is soooooooo right!  It's so very hard to pick just one.  I cannot pick JUST ONE so here are a couple that top the list.

1)  http://www.cakecentral.com/gallery/i/84663/romantic-wedding-shower-design

2)  http://www.cakecentral.com/gallery/i/2105011/birdfeeder

3)  http://www.cakecentral.com/gallery/i/1285662/cute-pup

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 15 Aug 2016 , 5:22pm
post #5 of 14

[postimage id="4932" thumb="900"]

ok this is not my #1 favorite but i spent a lot of time looking for my favorite so this is just by default --

webake2 --may i reserve the right to post my all time favorite if i can ever find it relaxed.png

Webake2gether Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Webake2gether Posted 15 Aug 2016 , 9:11pm
post #6 of 14

@Pastrybaglady ‍  I have two favorite kids I'll admit it lol. My oldest is my favorite bc he's my first baby and bc he's a very creative and playful. My second is my favorite bc he's my last baby and he is really affectionate and funny  so see you can pick favorites with your kids so long as they are each a favorite :) You totally pulled that off I would be super proud of myself!! 

@kakeladi ‍ how long did you do cakes and when did you retire? I believe I read on here somewhere that you have retired my apologies if I'm incorrect. Is the dog all buttercream? 

kstevens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kstevens Posted 15 Aug 2016 , 11:06pm
post #7 of 14

It is very difficult to pick a favorite but one of the most memorable was a gender reveal cake I made back in 2014 for friends of ours.  For three days I was one of only three people who knew what the sex of the baby was.  

Whitney and Andrew went for the ultrasound but were not told the sex of the baby.  Instead the tech handed them an envelope containing the results which was then given to me.  They left the design primarily up to me other than requesting cowboy boots.  They loved what I came up with and only found out they were having a girl when they cut into the cake at the shower.  I did pink hombre inside and to be tricky I did the top layer white.

[postimage id="4933" thumb="900"]

kstevens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kstevens Posted 15 Aug 2016 , 11:07pm
post #8 of 14

*ombre, not hombre.  Damn spell check!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 16 Aug 2016 , 3:59am
post #9 of 14

.......how long did you do cakes and when did you retire? I believe I read on here somewhere that you have retired.....  Is the dog all buttercream? .........

I did cakes for some 30-35 yrs.  I was forced into retirement around 2008 when I had to care full time for my husband. 

Some 95% of my cakes were b'cream.  I didn't use fondant until the last few years.  Bolh the the pup & bird feeder were made to enter my county fair -- many, many yrs apart and for different counties.

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 16 Aug 2016 , 5:07am
post #10 of 14

The two on my shutterfly home page (mermaid cake and Hawaiian cakes).  The mermaid cake was my "graduation cake" for the fourth and final Wilton course in 2010. 

The four cakes on stands were my first huge project made for my 'grandma' for her 100th birthday. 

https://christinascakes.shutterfly.com/

julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 16 Aug 2016 , 6:38am
post #11 of 14

I can't choose a favorite but I'd say my favorite orders are the ones where I'm giving a theme and absolutely free hand with the design and colours. Also dangerous as I get carried away easily LOL. 

bubs1stbirthday Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bubs1stbirthday Posted 16 Aug 2016 , 11:46am
post #12 of 14

[postimage id="4934" thumb="900"]

This is my current favourite, made for my Grandma who just turned 91.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 16 Aug 2016 , 12:09pm
post #13 of 14

julia, my 'edit' button is  ground down to a nub -- so hard to reign it in

julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 16 Aug 2016 , 3:33pm
post #14 of 14

Lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%