If I Ran The World Or Just A Little Part Of It, I Would...

Lounge By -K8memphis Updated 10 Aug 2016 , 8:57pm by -K8memphis

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 7 Aug 2016 , 4:52pm
post #1 of 40

so do you have a positive improvement on something that you would like to be able to buy in order to make life easier? a solution to a problem -- this is like a mini shark tank* but no prototypes or investments required blush.png

*Shark Tank is an American reality television series that shows aspiring entrepreneur-contestants making business presentations to a panel of "shark" investors, who then choose whether or not to invest." wiki

what is your solution? 

39 replies
-K8memphis Posted 7 Aug 2016 , 5:08pm
post #2 of 40

here's mine -- I would design a special dishwasher and coordinating kitchen cupboards -- where there are different sized baskets that fit in the dishwasher and also fit perfectly into the cupboards -- and there's extra baskets too so you can minimize the amount of handling you have to do for all the picky little dishes --

instead of individually putting dishes away -- you remove the previous basket from the shelf in the cupboard -- put the hold dang basket full of clean dishes from the dishwasher on that now empty spot on the shelf -- place anything from the previous basket into the fresh clean basket 'cause those items are still clean -- put the empty basket where it can receive dirty dishes -- on the counter or in sink or the dishwasher --

heart_eyes.png

-K8memphis Posted 7 Aug 2016 , 5:13pm
post #3 of 40

i have one for cleaning floors too but you first er rather second

do you have one?

-K8memphis Posted 7 Aug 2016 , 5:33pm
post #4 of 40

ok this is just a fabulous idea -- not mine but it's brilliant -- so you've probably seen these kind of apple corer/slicers 

https://www.google.com/search?q=apple+corer+slicer&client=tablet-unknown&prmd=sivn&source=univ&tbm=shop&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiivMjz56_OAhXmz4MKHXgNAp8Q1TUINg&biw=768&bih=1024#spd=6566148535806590421

but the one i bought has like a  'lid' although it's on the bottom -- it's on a hinge so it can move back and forth -- so move it out of the way -- cut and core your Apple -- then close the 'lid' and all the slices and the core pop out effortlessly --

the regular apple corer/slicers like in the link leave the last half inch of the whole apple for you to force out and finish cutting yourself -- the one with the 'lid' does it in one additional move --

i love that thing -- do you already have a cool product like this that goes the extra mile?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EZQQO9Q/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_3?pf_rd_p=1944687542&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B005B8M356&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=XEHY6XBM43VK0BNH1F2E

Marian64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marian64 Posted 7 Aug 2016 , 5:35pm
post #5 of 40

A dryer that folds clothes. 

-K8memphis Posted 7 Aug 2016 , 5:44pm
post #6 of 40

i partially dry my clothes and hang them up to finish drying (inside in room i've made in closets -- lotta knits -- or hang them on a partially opened drawer) -- and they dry fast by just a regular fan -- muy bueno!

and towels interestingly enough fit on shelves and in drawers unfolded hahahahaha

i'm pretty bad -- but sometimes my husband folds them

ElizabethsCakeCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ElizabethsCakeCreations Posted 7 Aug 2016 , 5:46pm
post #7 of 40

Skis or a sled that the stroller can click into. Driving a stroller in the snow, slush and sand is horrible!

-K8memphis Posted 7 Aug 2016 , 9:17pm
post #8 of 40

I've been in that toronto snow it is a mess! 

yeah you need wheels that will lower down just next to the ski and the ski kinda needs to fold up too -- it could fold up around the carriage maybel? 

i carried mine on my back from house to car but one time the boy slipped off -- he was sleepy and I told him to hang on while I opened the door hahahaha I'll never live that one down stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye.png

Claire138 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Claire138 Posted 8 Aug 2016 , 8:05am
post #9 of 40

K8 I love the dishwasher idea - I'd buy that in a heartbeat. I can just imagine it........

Nana52 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nana52 Posted 8 Aug 2016 , 9:21am
post #10 of 40

K8 - more on the dishwasher - it should be at waist-height instead of knee-height.  Eliminate the bending over.  

-K8memphis Posted 8 Aug 2016 , 10:05am
post #11 of 40

thank you claire!

excellent point, nana, seriously -- oh my aching back -- it's as if the designers never use their own product -- 

Natka81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Natka81 Posted 8 Aug 2016 , 11:48am
post #12 of 40

How about an alarm clock that would actually ,when it rings, will make kids wake up and start dressing for the school.

-K8memphis Posted 8 Aug 2016 , 12:47pm
post #13 of 40

natka, you'd be a billionaire overnight if you could keep up with demand -- i would stand in line for this one -- oh wait mine are out of school now hahahaha

good one

littlejewel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlejewel Posted 8 Aug 2016 , 2:44pm
post #14 of 40

I would love for automobile air conditioning to be temperature controlled. set it for your desirable temp and it would regulate the temperature by turning off and on to maintain the temperature you set it for.  

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 8 Aug 2016 , 3:36pm
post #15 of 40

Quote by @littlejewel on 50 minutes ago

I would love for automobile air conditioning to be temperature controlled. set it for your desirable temp and it would regulate the temperature by turning off and on to maintain the temperature you set it for.  

I thought all vehicles already have this... even my 13 year old truck has it for both the driver and passenger side.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 8 Aug 2016 , 9:46pm
post #16 of 40

CWR41 said: I thought all vehicles already have this... Not by a long shot.  My 12 yr old Ford Escape does not.

Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 9 Aug 2016 , 12:05am
post #17 of 40

I would like a car that washes and vacuums itself.

That's funny about the dishwasher being low. I was watching MY GIANT LIFE and the one thing they all hate doing is unloading the dishwasher!

-K8memphis Posted 9 Aug 2016 , 9:54am
post #18 of 40

ok so regarding the car that cleans itself -- there used to be one that you could hose out -- you still have to do it yourself but the inside of the vehicle was made compatible with the idea that water regularly sloshing would not hurt anything --

and that segues perfectly to the floor cleaning idea that I saw somewhere -- like the dishwasher and car thing you have to have the cooperation of the home builder and furniture people i guess -- 

built in water jets similar to a sprinkler system run water out onto the floor and you can squeegee/mop it off and run the ceiling fan to dry --

you'd need a drain in the floor that could be covered with a pretty decorative cover over the grate -- and the legs on your furniture need to be plasticised to accommodate getting dunked 

LelekBolek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LelekBolek Posted 9 Aug 2016 , 10:00am
post #19 of 40

House that cleans itself, like The Enterprise on Star Trek.

A thingy that secures your head to the headrest (not the 1086543 different non-working neck pillows) COMFORTABLY and safely, for travel sleep. I am so annoyed at my head bobbing. LOL

I wold also make harsher penalties for terrible driving, with special punishments for those who don't use turn signals. And text-driving.

Bad driving is my pet peeve, and recently we had a dramatic increase in collisions and other road incidents, including 2 fatal crashes on our back roads in the village. My husband was rear-ended recently, by someone paying more attention to the phone than driving. General lack of paying attention on the road is incredible. I would also like to raise the driving age, as most kids  now need a longer time to learn combining a serious task of operating a vehicle, with all the additional distractions offered by modern times. I saw a post of a "pokemon hunt" while the person was also holding the steering wheel! Nuffsaid.

-K8memphis Posted 9 Aug 2016 , 10:13am
post #20 of 40

i raised the driving age at my house -- my kids now in their 30's were not allowed to drive solo until they were 18 and could pay for their car insurance -- which was about $15 a week -- while very reasonable -- they still needed a regular job to pull it off -- 

i provided free transportation to & from school all the way through high school

LelekBolek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LelekBolek Posted 9 Aug 2016 , 10:46am
post #21 of 40

Yup, probably will happen in my household, too. The roads around our area are really not meant to be speeding, or lacking attention, or plain being inexperienced. 

Also, teaching kids to be unplugged (from another conversation I was having), I feel is very important. 

I have noticed some restaurants had done away with kids menus - the kind for coloring, puzzles, games, since most kids receive a device of sorts, upon sitting down to the table, to keep them quiet. That teaches nothing (IMO) but inability to be well-behaved, in a public place, without something battery-operated in hand. 

There is, of course, place for modern technology in modern kids lives - it is a fact of the world we live in right now - but I feel too much of it is detrimental. 

My respects to all the parents who still make things by hand with their kids, and teach them at least basic life's skills, not only how to push buttons. 

Natka81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Natka81 Posted 9 Aug 2016 , 11:51am
post #22 of 40

We have a dishwasher but it's leaking, so my kids hand wash dishes and put them away. When we used dishwasher my kids and even I hated to unload it.

It's parents fault that kids have  an access to electronics at young age, we are becoming lazy, its a lot easier to give kids something to watch or play a video game on the phone so they would be quiet and don't bother us.

I wonder why young people text while driving. It's like if they don't sent a reply text right away they will loose a million dollar business deal. In my eyes  texting while driving is simply a  bad habit!

Claire138 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Claire138 Posted 9 Aug 2016 , 8:24pm
post #23 of 40

How about an oven that pings when the cake is perfectly baked?

-K8memphis Posted 10 Aug 2016 , 12:46am
post #24 of 40

claire -- yes! love the pinging oven blush.png

ElizabethsCakeCreations Posted 10 Aug 2016 , 3:59am
post #25 of 40

Why stop there, it should come out of the oven too!

ElizabethsCakeCreations Posted 10 Aug 2016 , 3:59am
post #26 of 40

Why stop there, it should come out of the oven too!

-K8memphis Posted 10 Aug 2016 , 8:45am
post #27 of 40

they've already got those :)

ElizabethsCakeCreations Posted 10 Aug 2016 , 1:17pm
post #28 of 40

What husbands? I don't have one of those lol

ElizabethsCakeCreations Posted 10 Aug 2016 , 1:17pm
post #29 of 40

What husbands? I don't have one of those lol

-K8memphis Posted 10 Aug 2016 , 6:03pm
post #30 of 40

i been trying to find a picture  but y'know those real long industrial ovens where for example the brownies travel through the huge long conveyor belt type oven and plop out the end all baked and pretty -- and often packaged too -- those are what i meant 

as for husbands -- mine is getting handier and handier but still i might not--  ok, i would not trust him to remove a cake at the right time 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%