Wilton Disposable Pillars

Decorating By taartenmaker Updated 2 Aug 2016 , 4:06pm by leah_s

taartenmaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
taartenmaker Posted 2 Aug 2016 , 1:23am
post #1 of 3

Dear colleagues (LOL)

For my pillared wedding cakes I most of the time use the pillars from bakery crafts. I have had a few boxes of the Wilton disposable pillares and i tried them only a few times. I've notesed when I use them with the regulair Wilton seperator plates that the pillars don't really connect strongly to the spikes. I saw on internet that Wilton used to make disposable seperator plates that were made to use together with the disposable pillars. I was wondering if any of you guys use the disposable pillars together with the regulair scalloped wilton plates? I really would love to use them for my wedding cakes that only need the top tier to be on pillars. I prefer the look of the Wilton ones. I was thinking to just glue gun the pillars to the spikes of the plates since they will be thrown away after the wedding any way.

any solutions?

PS: I have notised that Bakery Crafts now works together with deco pack. on their website I didn't see any of the bakery crafts pillars. Did they stop making those? I HOPE NOT!!

2 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 2 Aug 2016 , 1:11pm
post #2 of 3

i'm sure i have 

if i am getting your question correctly -- you could glue a shim on there first so when you glue the pillar on it will take the pillar levelly -- or could you not glue them to the other side of the plate so the feet are up into the cake maybe -- might need another shim because of all the bumpy grooves (that there used to be) on there -- haven't bought any of these in forever so they might have changed since i last saw them

why not

relaxed.png

oh oh oh -- i remember i used to trim the feet with a hot knife so other pillars will fit -- like an eighth of an inch slice it down and then slice that cut section off  kwim -- each foot has a + footprint right? so slice one of the four 'legs' -- probably the outside leg 

i knew i had an answer in there somewhere -- i've rewritten this answer three times -- i just hope i got the question right stuck_out_tongue.png

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 2 Aug 2016 , 4:06pm
post #3 of 3

OMG.  I went to the Coast Supplies site and there's no SPS and no bakery crafts plates or legs/pillars at all.  What's happening?

They did offer the Coast system . . .   

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%