White Chocolate Coconut Mudcake

Baking By Cher2309b Updated 1 Aug 2016 , 2:12pm by cakebaby2

Cher2309b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cher2309b Posted 31 Jul 2016 , 2:30am
post #1 of 5

A question to you lovely wise Cake Mammas: If I add desiccated coconut to a white chocolate mud cake recipe, do I need to increase the liquid and, if so, by how much?

4 replies
cakebaby2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaby2 Posted 1 Aug 2016 , 11:02am
post #2 of 5

Very forgiving cake mud cake, you will be able to tell by the consistency of the batter, ie; does it pour or have to be scraped out? I add a cup of fruit puree, mango or raspberry is gorgeous or you could add lime and booze to make it a "mojito" white choc mud cake? Now I am NO pro, I'll go further and say I have only discovered mud cake (I'm from UK..not a mud cake land really) in the last 5 weeks. However in the last 5 weeks I've made 20 of them because my family cant get enough of them. With or without coconut!

Cher2309b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cher2309b Posted 1 Aug 2016 , 1:59pm
post #3 of 5

Thank you cakebaby2. Your ideas sound wonderful. I've added frozen raspberries (Must be frozen or they will go mushy.) but The fruit purees sound great. So does The mojito mudcake. I really must start experimenting.

I also posed my above question on the "Cake Decorating Australia" site. One lady said that she simmers dessicated coconut in coconut milk, strains it and adds the coconut to the cake batter. She then uses the coconut milk instead of all or some of the milk (or buttermilk, depending on your recipe, I guess.)

cakebaby2 Posted 1 Aug 2016 , 2:10pm
post #4 of 5

As I said, very forgiving cake. I use whole crushed raspberries, the tartness is welcome beside the 300grammes of white choc +sugar in this bad boy LOL! It makes a very pretty speckled pattern and we love finding real rasps in it. The mango is gorgeous too. I'm doing 3 for this weekend for birthday cakes for my 3 yr old granddaughter, since I've spoiled the family my famous genoise sponge is totally abandoned now.

cakebaby2 Posted 1 Aug 2016 , 2:12pm
post #5 of 5

The mushy juicy rasps are part of the liquid..sorry should have said that I use fresh and its to die for.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%