11 replies
ypierce82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ypierce82 Posted 30 Jul 2016 , 10:05pm
post #2 of 12

*Caketastrophe

640Cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
640Cake Posted 1 Aug 2016 , 4:00pm
post #3 of 12

I watched it.  It seemed scripted to me....like Cake Hunters.  Cake came out MUCH better than the original!  Still didn't look like Elsa, though...

Claire138 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Claire138 Posted 1 Aug 2016 , 5:14pm
post #4 of 12

I saw an advert looking for willing bakers to be part of this show so was curious about it but I couldn't make it through the whole thing (all 20 minutes of it). I caught up the ending though and as 640Cake says, it was better but didn't look much like Elsa.  I'm a bit over the baking shows (The Great British Bake Off aside) , there are just so many....... & they all seem the same.

640Cake Posted 1 Aug 2016 , 6:48pm
post #5 of 12

I LOVE cooking shows, but there no great cake shows.  I liked the cake challenges Food Network would have, but now they have cake wars and cupcake wars...not a fan.  The Great British Bake Off is good!  

Webake2gether Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Webake2gether Posted 1 Aug 2016 , 6:52pm
post #6 of 12

I don't like any of the baking or cake shows they have now except I do like the great British bake off when it's on Netflix probably bc it's all new and interesting to me bc I am very much an American lol. Ive never heard of this show what network is it on?

Claire138 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Claire138 Posted 1 Aug 2016 , 7:03pm
post #7 of 12

I LOVE cooking shows too 640, I absolutely love cooking & they are so informative (unlike cake shows)  As to the show WBT, I've no idea bc I don't live in the States, I saw it on youtube.

640Cake Posted 1 Aug 2016 , 7:39pm
post #8 of 12

I think it was on Food Network.

640Cake Posted 1 Aug 2016 , 7:46pm
post #9 of 12

And yes, @Claire138 ‍ they are informative!  You still learn while being entertained.  Master Chef Jr was a bit of a kick in the pants...seeing kids cook things I've never even heard of!  I think my guilty pleasure is Hell's Kitchen....I shouldn't like it, but I do!  Food is always on my TV.  We start with PBS cooking shows and if not there we move to Food Network or the Cooking Channel.

ljdills Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ljdills Posted 1 Aug 2016 , 8:38pm
post #10 of 12

I love food TV !!!   It is pretty much all that is ever on my television, with the exception of cartoons & Teen Nick because I have kids !! 640Cake I also love Hell's Kitchen !!  I think the cake shows like Cake Hunters do more to harm the industry than help it.  I think it sets unrealistic expectations.  I wish that some of these cake artists that are on these shows would state what they charge per serving and how long they spend working on handmade gumpaste flowers and sculpted figures and how much extra they charge for all of these items !

Jeff_Arnett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeff_Arnett Posted 1 Aug 2016 , 10:36pm
post #11 of 12

I do like the show Cake Hunters pretty good!

littlejewel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlejewel Posted 2 Aug 2016 , 4:31am
post #12 of 12

I got rid of my cable television a few years ago so I haven't seen Caketastrope. I do like the great British bake off(Netflix) and Britain's best bakery( Roku).  I love the PBS cooking shows Also. Since I recently changed jobs and no longer working in the demanding field of marketing I have been watching the Rachel Ray show, I like her meal ideas that seem to be at the beginning and end of each show. Any other food shows please share

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%