Let's Get This Party Started!!! :)

Decorating By ElizabethsCakeCreations Updated 3 Aug 2016 , 4:58am by Pastrybaglady

ElizabethsCakeCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ElizabethsCakeCreations Posted 29 Jul 2016 , 2:44am
post #1 of 48

Let's liven up this joint!

What is everyone working on this weekend? Please post even if you're not doing anything, browsers join in!!

I'm doing a teapot cake with tea cups. I'm too lazy to type out so I'm going to post my "cake notes" from the invoice.

I'm terrified of this cake because it's new mediums for me, put if I can pull it off I think it will be amazing!

Teapot Flavours

Lemon cake

Raspberry whipped cream filling with fresh raspberries

Lemon whipped cream frosting

Cupcake Flavours

Chocolate cupcakes

Chocolate ganache

Teapot Design

Blue teapot

Yellow roses

FONDANT HANDLE, SPOUT AND POSSIBLY LID

Green vines and leaves

Small blue flowers

RIBBON FONDANT WITH HAPPY 65TH!

Teacup Design

6 yellow teacups

5 blue teacups

With matching flowers vines and leaves

Marshmallow fondant

extras

6 chocolate cupcakes with ganache and green rose

1 orange teacup with green fish

47 replies
Marian64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marian64 Posted 29 Jul 2016 , 3:23am
post #2 of 48

Please post the final picture. I can't wait to see it. 

I don't have anything planned. I make cupcakes for work every month for birthdays. I am thinking about doing something fancier than swirls. 

ljdills Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ljdills Posted 29 Jul 2016 , 3:24am
post #3 of 48

I can't wait to see pics ElizabethsCakeCreations !!!   It sounds like it will be amazing !!  This weekend I have a Fenway Park, stadium cake and a 3D pickup truck.  I also have to work on some gumpaste roses an calla lillies for a 50th anniversary cake for next week.

Webake2gether Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Webake2gether Posted 29 Jul 2016 , 3:38am
post #4 of 48

It's apparently a cupcake kind of week for us. Baby shower cupcakes and under the sea cupcakes going out tomorrow then Saturday it's cupcakes with Dora toppers. Next week we have a 50th anniversary order too it will be 3 separate cakes on stands with framed pictures on top of each cake from their wedding. It's vintage looking and I'm excited about doing them. I really need to get some other things caught up too I've been a bit of a slacker and keep putting off doing inventory of supplies and ingredients sounds like such a good time....yeah right lol. 

hope you post your teapot when it's all finished!!

ElizabethsCakeCreations Posted 29 Jul 2016 , 3:46am
post #5 of 48
ok ok I will lol good or bad. I personally don't like cupcakes very much, I"m a cake girl alllllll the way!

@Webake2gether my inventory: enough for this cake inventory done lol I want to see the picture cake!!! Is it done yet ;)

and everybody else's projects sound awesome, want to trade? tee hee

Webake2gether Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Webake2gether Posted 29 Jul 2016 , 4:06am
post #6 of 48

I don't do cakes my husband does them so cupcakes or cakes either works for me lol. I do all the baking and make all of the buttercream etc but he assembles and decorates all the cakes. Inventory sounds like a nightmare to me but it's a necessary task ughh. 

the anniversary cakes aren't due until the 7th so we have a week  we are only doing 3 cakes (140 servings approx). Here is the reference image the client sent. We aren't doing the scroll work on the sides instead it will be a rustic look with a gold pearls on the borders. 

[postimage id="4764" thumb="900"]

ElizabethsCakeCreations Posted 29 Jul 2016 , 4:28am
post #7 of 48

Gotta love relatively easy but looks gorgeous! 

kayra850 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kayra850 Posted 29 Jul 2016 , 8:25am
post #8 of 48

[postimage id="4765" thumb="900"]

hi everyone,

I am not proffesional baker. I have delivered my this-week-cake at last evening birthday party. Of course, my kitchen is in a mess, so I will spent weekend in cleaning and resting -if I will be lucky. :-)

Marian64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marian64 Posted 29 Jul 2016 , 9:35am
post #9 of 48

@kayra850 ‍ that cake is beautiful! I love the cactus garden. Hope the cleaning is over with quickly and you get some rest.

LelekBolek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LelekBolek Posted 29 Jul 2016 , 9:55am
post #10 of 48

I'm working on my own birthday cake. Since I'm the "client", it is just a small cake, but I am playing around with my fondant, trying colors and stuff, like making a fondant rose with fewest possible supports/wires, etc. Just messing around, I guess. researching and designing for a couple of other cake projects.   I am actually very happy not to be doing a commissioned cake - it is so dreaded-hot and humid here, I would be extremely nervous of a weather-related cake disaster.

gscout73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gscout73 Posted 29 Jul 2016 , 10:55am
post #11 of 48

I have 2 cakes for this weekend. My mom's community is having a Mid-Summer Madness  potluck on Saturday, so I am making a beach theme complete with gumpaste sling chairs and umbrellas, and beachy touches, and a "tribal boho chic" baby shower cake for Sunday. This will have dream catchers, bows/arrows, teepee, etc. The baby shower cake will be cute, however a native American / hippie cake for a baby will be a first for me.  stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes.png

Frank68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Frank68 Posted 29 Jul 2016 , 11:48am
post #12 of 48

Hi all,

I made this cake a few days ago for a bridal shower. This was for about 100 guests (top tier was fake). I made painted sequin candy in gold for the separator tiers. Client specifically asked for pink cymbidium orchids so I made 4 small bouquets and added smaller white roses for accents.  The cake itself was pink champagne and italian custard filling.

[postimage id="4767" thumb="900"][postimage id="4768" thumb="900"]

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 29 Jul 2016 , 11:55am
post #13 of 48

I've been making gumpaste succulents all week...I don't know what's going on but there seems to be a desperate demand for them this week only.

kayra850 Posted 29 Jul 2016 , 1:24pm
post #14 of 48

@Marian64 ‍ thanks ;-´)

@Frank68 ‍ what a beautifull cake

cupkakesp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupkakesp Posted 29 Jul 2016 , 1:37pm
post #15 of 48

So.. I will finally jump in and join the discussion!!  I follow Friday nights club.. But never contributed (thanks to those that do;)!!  I love reading it on Saturday mornings during my coffee:)!)  Pretty busy weekend here.. I bought an airbrush last week, and am using it to paint a stump (figure it's the perfect canvas to try and figure out my new toy:), and so far so good!!)  I have 24 cupcakes, a baby shower cake, and a couple other birthday cakes to do before Tuesday.  Everyone's work looks great! Can't wait to see the rest:).  

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 29 Jul 2016 , 4:55pm
post #16 of 48

kayra and frank -- gorgeous work

i made some bittersweet choco chip cookies with coconut sugar and my special blend of wheatless flour -- I use half the recipe on the back of the ghirardelli's chips but all the chocolate chips and nuts clap.png

-K8memphis Posted 29 Jul 2016 , 4:57pm
post #17 of 48

not sure why the font changed sorry 'bout that but not about doubling the chocolate blush.png

gscout73 Posted 30 Jul 2016 , 12:22pm
post #18 of 48

I put the chairs together last night. I made the umbrellas tues nite, cut the chair frames wed, put the chairs together and added the umbrella poles last night. Last layer of cake baking now.[postimage id="4788" thumb="900"]

-K8memphis Posted 30 Jul 2016 , 12:24pm
post #19 of 48

those are adorable, gscout

Frank68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Frank68 Posted 30 Jul 2016 , 12:54pm
post #20 of 48

very gscout -= I'm not that creative lol, I have to look to folks like you for ideas like that.

ElizabethsCakeCreations Posted 30 Jul 2016 , 5:11pm
post #21 of 48

I rocked it! Not perfect but I don't care. Couple things got missed and had to be changed but I'm taking it in stride. 

If you're wondering what I'm talking about it's the teapot cake and teacup cupcakes. 

No picture yet my best friend ordered the cake he'll take one for me. 

gscout73 Posted 31 Jul 2016 , 3:48am
post #22 of 48

Thank you. Here is the cake, pictured with the flyer.
[postimage id="4798" thumb="900"]

kayra850 Posted 31 Jul 2016 , 8:38am
post #23 of 48

Very nice cake

-K8memphis Posted 31 Jul 2016 , 11:12am
post #24 of 48

very coolcake-- I just want to bite a chair! stuck_out_tongue.png

ElizabethsCakeCreations Posted 31 Jul 2016 , 4:01pm
post #25 of 48

[postimage id="4806" thumb="900"]Teatime anyone? :-)

kayra850 Posted 31 Jul 2016 , 4:30pm
post #26 of 48

Waoo, yeeees i am coming.  Super cake

ElizabethsCakeCreations Posted 31 Jul 2016 , 4:55pm
post #27 of 48

It's funny I always feel proud when I match colours the pot is buttercream and the lid, handle and spout are fondant and I think I got it bang on :-)

theresaf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
theresaf Posted 31 Jul 2016 , 5:10pm
post #28 of 48

I am in love with the fruit tart currently and make one (or more) every weekend.  Gluten free and gluten full versions.  Today I made mini-pies or Pop Tarts (not pictured) depending on your age!  All have a fruity sugar icing drizzle before serving.  Ok my 12 year old niece eats the icing alone but you can get away with that at 12!  Besides the sugar icing the only other added sugar is some sprinkled turbinado sugar before baking!  Practically healthy wink-wink!

T

[postimage id="4808" thumb="900"]

-K8memphis Posted 31 Jul 2016 , 7:13pm
post #29 of 48

elizabeth -- you did a great job -- so cute -- lovely display -- the scrolly curlicue stand is perfect -- I would have never known the mediums were mixed because of the spot on color match -- now how did you do the cups?

-K8memphis Posted 31 Jul 2016 , 7:15pm
post #30 of 48

theresa -- those are drop dead gorgeous -- seriously delicious looking -- what's in your crusts if you don't mind me asking the gf one especially

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%