Any Idea On How To Do This?

Decorating By bibbles6598 Updated 24 Jul 2016 , 12:20pm by taytay056

bibbles6598 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bibbles6598 Posted 22 Jul 2016 , 6:54pm
post #1 of 6

This is a simple cake my niece wants for her baby shower.  Do any of you have any suggestions on how the balloons are attached as they are going off the top cake? [postimage id="4701" thumb="900"]

5 replies
carolinecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carolinecakes Posted 22 Jul 2016 , 8:01pm
post #2 of 6

Use floral wire.....use 2 balloons ( a front and a back) sandwich the wire in between, use water or edible glue to stick together. Insert coffee stirrers or thin straws into the cake then Insert the wired balloon into the straw. HTH

Use a heavy gauge wire strong enough to support the balloon. If the wire is not white, you can use white floral tape to cover..

You could also use toothpicks or skewers.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 22 Jul 2016 , 8:55pm
post #3 of 6

You could probably just stick them to each other, too. If you start with the ones on the cake, use some royal icing or melted white chocolate and stick them to the backs of the ones in the row below them.

SweetTartCakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetTartCakery Posted 24 Jul 2016 , 2:19am
post #4 of 6

Looks like they're stuck on each other. Easy to do, pain to transport.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 24 Jul 2016 , 3:48am
post #5 of 6

I agree w/costumeczar.......I think you could just attach one to another building each a bit higher than the other.

The use of wire isn't too bad an idea but I just don't care to use it unless there is NO other way.

taytay056 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
taytay056 Posted 24 Jul 2016 , 12:20pm
post #6 of 6

I agree with sticking them to each other...if you use a 50/50 fondant gumpaste or add tylose, roll thin, cut and dry them, they should stick together well with tylose glue or even water. 

Or maybe you could cut one large piece out and dry it on a coffee can or dummy cake and apply the balloons to it? Then stick the whole thing on?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%