Are People Shocked At The Prices Of Decorated Cookies?

Baking By berryblondeboys Updated 14 Feb 2007 , 3:33pm by MomLittr

MomLittr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MomLittr Posted 12 Feb 2007 , 7:58pm
post #61 of 67

Ok, no one bit for my Valentine cookie bouquets (6 cookies with coffee mug) at $18. I do not want to be stuck with extra things, so decided to go ahead and make smaller cookie bouquets (one 4" cookie, 2 3" cookies, and a double heart that is 2"x3") total of four cookies, simply decorated (will still include a candy rose like in my pictures), bring them to the office and offer them for $15. Now does that seem too high, or should I just bite the bullett and go down to $12-$13. icon_cool.gif Hoping the men need some last minute gifts! Also bringing in two baskets of "hugs and kisses cookies for) $7 (twenty 2" cookies and four 3" cookies). Again, hoping someone need last minute items!

deb

MomLittr Posted 12 Feb 2007 , 8:03pm
post #62 of 67

Ok, no one bit for my Valentine cookie bouquets (6 cookies with coffee mug) at $18. I do not want to be stuck with extra things, so decided to go ahead and make smaller cookie bouquets (one 4" cookie, 2 3" cookies, and a double heart that is 2"x3") total of four cookies, simply decorated (will still include a candy rose like in my pictures), bring them to the office and offer them for $15. Now does that seem too high, or should I just bite the bullett and go down to $12-$13. icon_cool.gif Hoping the men need some last minute gifts! Also bringing in two baskets of "hugs and kisses cookies for) $7 (twenty 2" cookies and four 3" cookies). Again, hoping someone need last minute items!

deb

cambo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cambo Posted 12 Feb 2007 , 9:14pm
post #63 of 67

I'm absolutely SHOCKED that no one bit for 6 cookies in a mug for only $18! What a great deal....but just depends on where you are located and the market in your area! I would be careful about dropping the price too low....$15 would be the lowest I would go, but that's on my cost....I'm not sure what your costs are? Cookies are time-consuming and back-breaking work! Don't sell yourself short! I'm offering 3-cookie bouquets (each cookie is about 5", so they're large), for $18 OR 1 cookie in a bag with ribbon and sentiment card for $4. I sold many of both.....more individuals actually. You could try larger single cookies in a bag and see what happens!

MomLittr Posted 12 Feb 2007 , 9:20pm
post #64 of 67

Thanks Cambo for that.............I think $15 is reasonable, considering you get the coffee mug (ok,that only cost $1), but it will be nicely wrapped and ready for gift giving. Sometimes the folks in the office are a bit cheap! icon_cool.gif With bad weather coming, maybe a last minute gift will be needed! Will have to post pics when done.

deb

fragglerock1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fragglerock1 Posted 12 Feb 2007 , 9:24pm
post #65 of 67

I agree with cambo, I sold my three cookie bouquets in a mug for $15!

Crimsicle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crimsicle Posted 12 Feb 2007 , 9:44pm
post #66 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionladydi

I'm glad that I never started doing cookies. In my area they would scream to think of paying those prices for cookies. No one stops to think about the cost of ingredients, equipment, and your overhead.

A woman I know is a doctor's wife, and she's wanting me to do cakes and cookies for her husband's new office opening. I just don't want to go there. For me, cookies are a LOT more work than cakes, and I don't really enjoy doing them, so I'd charge accordingly. I just don't want to even discuss why those cookies are going to be so pricey. I'm about ready to tell her I'll make her cookies for her birthday as a friend...but that I'm not interested in production work for money. There AIN'T enough money! LOL!

MomLittr Posted 14 Feb 2007 , 3:33pm
post #67 of 67

Call me a sucker icon_redface.gif but I brought into the offce five 3-cookie bouquet mugs and sold them for $10 each (but put on the "sign" they are normally $15 each)....... truthfully just wanted to get rid of them and it did more than cover my costs. One girl (who bought 2) said she knows they go for alot more. At least they didnt' go to waste and next time will be the full $15. Was so afraid I would not be able to sell them.

deb

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%