Topper

Decorating By sukayna Updated 8 Jul 2016 , 3:13pm by carolinecakes

sukayna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sukayna Posted 7 Jul 2016 , 7:30pm
post #1 of 5

Hi! I need to do a pacifier as my cake topper. Any idea how to do it? I don't have MMP it's not available in my country. Please would love to hear suggestions. Thank you

4 replies
carolinecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carolinecakes Posted 8 Jul 2016 , 1:59am
post #2 of 5

What is MMP??

You can make toppers out of fondant, gum paste, cold porcelain (it must not touch the cake). Perhaps if you can say what is available where you are, we can take it from there. In the mean time here's a link for a tutorial. HTH

http://www.craftsy.com/blog/2014/04/creative-baby-shower-cake-designs/

julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 8 Jul 2016 , 4:31am
post #3 of 5

You can also use modeling chocolate, marzipan or even Mexican sugar paste or pastillage. 

I'd do it in 3 parts, the sucker and the handle and the plate and then glue them together after they are dry with edible glue.

sukayna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sukayna Posted 8 Jul 2016 , 1:42pm
post #4 of 5

Hi! MMP is Mexican modelling paste. Thank you so much Carolinecakes and Julia 1812. You both have been a great help. Will be sitting tonight and work on it. Am not so good with fondant as not available here, I just bring around 5 kgs when I travel. I work mainly with buttercream, but you both have been a great help, bless you

carolinecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carolinecakes Posted 8 Jul 2016 , 3:13pm
post #5 of 5

You are welcome. When I make toppers I add a little tylose powder to the fondant, it helps it to dry firm. Some people use cornstarch. You just knead it in. HTH  Feel free to ask if you have any more questions.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%