Food Chopper

Baking By ginger6361 Updated 26 Jun 2016 , 3:45pm by -K8memphis

ginger6361 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ginger6361 Posted 25 Jun 2016 , 8:19am
post #1 of 5

Wondering what the best mini food chopper you all prefer for baking needs. Thanks 

4 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 25 Jun 2016 , 8:39am
post #2 of 5

i have a large & small food processor that are never used for baking --  a blender that i use only for lemon cream -- otherwise I have a sharpener and a sharp knife and a dedicated cutting board just for strawberries/fruit -- and the occasional nuts that need chopping -- I don't use a chopper much at all that I can think of -- maybe I'm missing something

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 26 Jun 2016 , 3:41pm
post #3 of 5

I rarely use a chopper or food processor.  I do have a primitive (but effective) way to smash walnuts:  put them inside a freezer baggie and squish out most of the air, put that baggie inside another baggie, step on the baggie until they are all smashed.  Throw away the outside baggie and pour the now-thoroughly-smashed walnuts into a bowl.

-K8memphis Posted 26 Jun 2016 , 3:45pm
post #4 of 5

well i thought of something i've used a food processor for -- to crush rice krispies --  when i want a stronger smoother rice krispie treat to make something out of --

and i've rolled the car over something i wanted to crush -- foot would be easier -- good idea, apti

-K8memphis Posted 26 Jun 2016 , 3:45pm
post #5 of 5

*something = some ingredient

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%