"people Toppers" I Have To Say...

Decorating By Jinkies Updated 26 Jun 2016 , 5:33am by Pastrybaglady

Jinkies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jinkies Posted 24 Jun 2016 , 1:57pm
post #1 of 16

I have done a lot of 2d toppers and 3d animal toppers but I have just done my 1st 3d person topper.  Don't know how I've gotten away with not doing one yet.  I have to say that I am even more in awe of you people who make that look easy.  It.is.not.  It came out pretty nice, but I definitely need to practice.

I watched a ton of tutorials where people whipped them together in about a 1/2 hour and they were adorable.  Mine took about 6 hours and is a little lopsided, got to stick an extra piece of fondant under her butt to even her out, lol.

Anyway, it's for my own daughters graduation cake and she loves it so I'm happy.  

15 replies
Webake2gether Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Webake2gether Posted 24 Jun 2016 , 3:17pm
post #2 of 16

I know what's wrong with the world today everybody's lost their sense of humor :0 Cake central has fallen victim to this as well.

I'm going to get buzzing along have a great day everyone!!! No sarcasm I really mean it :) 

carolinecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carolinecakes Posted 24 Jun 2016 , 3:31pm
post #3 of 16

I know what you mean, I am in awe of anyone who makes them. The closest I have gotten is to make "Boo" which was like cheating since I made her inside her costume, so only needed to do a face/head. And I made an astronaut, again like cheating, the space suit was like the "michelin man", and the head was inside the helmet. A full person is my next goal.  So.....do we get to see a pic?  I'll show you mine ......if you show me yours. lol

Webake2gether Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Webake2gether Posted 24 Jun 2016 , 3:32pm
post #4 of 16

Whoa that was supposed to be on the boring thread what happened with that?!?! Sorry jinkies I have no idea why it posted in this one I didn't even read this thread hmmm :(

Jinkies Posted 24 Jun 2016 , 5:24pm
post #5 of 16

@carolinecakes ‍ Hmmmmm, we'll have to see.  You first!  I don't want to post it anywhere cuz then I may start getting orders for them and I NEED more practice first, haha!

Seriously, it's not great. I mean, it's not cake wreck worthy or anything, just not something I would advertise to sell.

carolinecakes Posted 24 Jun 2016 , 5:44pm
post #6 of 16

I get it, my astronaut got lost in outer space............but here's BOO......

[postimage id="4347" thumb="900"]

Jinkies Posted 24 Jun 2016 , 5:52pm
post #7 of 16

Awww, he's cute!  Dang, now I gotta play fair.  Ok, let me see if I can figure out how to post the silly thing.  Give me a minute.

carolinecakes Posted 24 Jun 2016 , 5:59pm
post #8 of 16

No pressure..........lol

Jinkies Posted 24 Jun 2016 , 6:01pm
post #9 of 16

[postimage id="4348" thumb="900"]

Jinkies Posted 24 Jun 2016 , 6:02pm
post #10 of 16

Oh, sweet Jesus!  It takes up the whole screen!  Didn't look that way went I posted...

carolinecakes Posted 24 Jun 2016 , 6:09pm
post #11 of 16

What are you talking about, she is beautiful!!!!! And check out the shoes........too cute.

I really like how you did your facial features.......and the body........ everything!!! Next time I will not paint on the mouth with my shaky hand.

Customers would love her.........seriously!!!

carolinecakes Posted 24 Jun 2016 , 6:13pm
post #12 of 16

Yeah, I know,I thought I reduced mine to 50 percent, but still showed up huge.

All the better to see you my dear......

Jinkies Posted 24 Jun 2016 , 6:30pm
post #13 of 16

Thanks!  I tried to do the more realistic face and it wan't working so I went cartooney.  The funny this is, it actually looks like my daughter, haha!

Anyway, I'll be practicing them over the summer.  I feel like if I add one to my website, people are gonna order them all the time.  I don't want that unless I can pop em out pretty quick.  

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 24 Jun 2016 , 6:49pm
post #14 of 16

jinkies get outa here -- that's a great person/grad/topper

I mean look at all the detail alone -- eye lashes on the pretty eyes, cute shoes on the dangling legs, the grad cap, tassle, her pretty hair -- and we never had any graduation gowns like that but it is amazing and very well done -- completely proportioned I mean except for the lump she's sitting on but I only know that 'cause you said it blush.png

Jinkies Posted 24 Jun 2016 , 7:11pm
post #15 of 16

Thanks, @-K8memphis ‍ We're our own worst critics, aren't we?  Yeah a little trouble with the gown, lol.  I was trying to make it look like it was zippered up not quite all the way and that didn't work out.  I thought about putting  a zipper on it to close it a bit but I think the  split is too big.   Then, it was too late, if I tried to pull it off the whole thing would be a disaster.  Live and learn.

Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 26 Jun 2016 , 5:33am
post #16 of 16

@Jinkies ‍ She looks great! You got so many details just right - the cap and gown, the hair, the shoes! I like her crooked smile too. Great job!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%