How Much To Charge For This Cake?

Business By mabv812 Updated 23 Jun 2016 , 4:46am by mabv812

mabv812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mabv812 Posted 21 Jun 2016 , 6:14pm
post #1 of 10

I've worked with fondant before so I at least have a rolling mat and rolling pin for the fondant work. But there is also glitter work and real flowers on top. I live in southern California so supplies can be expensive. How much should i charge?

[postimage id="4317" thumb="900"]

9 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 21 Jun 2016 , 6:31pm
post #2 of 10

the glitter just looks like ribbon -- horizontal stripes can be difficult --  i'd charge a dollar or two over my base price and add on the flowers plus carrying charge for all the extra involved -- i'd also want to use candy clay* rather than fondant

if you're not familiar *candy clay is very google-able -- i'm sure there are many you tubes on this

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 22 Jun 2016 , 2:26am
post #3 of 10

A lot depends on the size.  From the picture I'd guess that cake is just an 8 or 9"x4" round.

mabv812 Posted 22 Jun 2016 , 3:00am
post #4 of 10

Quote by @kakeladi on 32 minutes ago

A lot depends on the size.  From the picture I'd guess that cake is just an 8 or 9"x4" round.

Yeah it's not that big. A small party. I would say just a 3 layers of cake

CakeCentral2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeCentral2 Posted 22 Jun 2016 , 3:25am
post #5 of 10

Minimum $150.00 plus the retail cost of the flowers, plus more for delivery if you have to deliver it. If you are north of San Diego, get flowers at Franco's on Leucadia Blvd and Saxony for great flowers and great prices, just east of the 5 in the greenhouses. And do you know about Lakeside Poultry and Bakery Supplies, east of San Diego?

mabv812 Posted 22 Jun 2016 , 4:30am
post #6 of 10

Quote by @CakeCentral2 on 1 hour ago

Minimum $150.00 plus the retail cost of the flowers, plus more for delivery if you have to deliver it. If you are north of San Diego, get flowers at Franco's on Leucadia Blvd and Saxony for great flowers and great prices, just east of the 5 in the greenhouses. And do you know about Lakeside Poultry and Bakery Supplies, east of San Diego?

I haven't been there, but I'll make sure to check out both of those spots.

mabv812 Posted 22 Jun 2016 , 4:45am
post #7 of 10

Also thank you for the advice! I'm shocked I should charge that much. I doubt they will want to pay that for 10 person party. Haha

Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 22 Jun 2016 , 6:22pm
post #8 of 10

I don't see anything that complicated about this cake. Fondant covered, horizontal stripes and glitzy ribbon. $6/serving + flowers.

johnson6ofus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnson6ofus Posted 23 Jun 2016 , 4:33am
post #9 of 10

Also thank you for the advice! I'm shocked I should charge that much. I doubt they will want to pay that for 10 person party. Haha

20 to 30 servings, depending on what chart you use, and what the actual cake size is,  NOT the number of expected guests.

mabv812 Posted 23 Jun 2016 , 4:46am
post #10 of 10

I told her that I had to charge a minimum of $125 . Apparently she is waiting on a quote from a friend too. Her friend should be giving her the good price! I'm just willing to bake on the side for extra money hahaha (fyi this is a friend of a friend, I don't know her but I would give a discount for my friends :)) 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%