Happy Fathers Day To Single Moms

Lounge By carolinecakes Updated 22 Jun 2016 , 2:52am by carolinecakes

carolinecakes Posted 19 Jun 2016 , 8:28pm
post #1 of 4

Dear Single Mother,

Today as most of the world celebrates Dad, and who, more than you, knows all to well, how important he is to raising a family. Today you may feel left out, inadequate, alone, sad, or even angry. But know that all the things you do, the sacrifices you make, those lives you are shaping, those minds you are molding, the sleepless nights.........they do not go unnoticed. The rewards lay way in the future and those children will always remember MOM.....who did the best that she could, trying to fill two sets of shoes.

This was not a path you chose, but you rose to the challenge. To you I say........

3 replies
Nana52 Posted 19 Jun 2016 , 8:54pm
post #2 of 4

What a sweet sentiment.  

gscout73 Posted 22 Jun 2016 , 2:05am
post #3 of 4

That was so sweet, and so heartfelt, even coming from someone I don't know. So few people appreciate challenges of single moms who have no help (no father involvement, no family in the state).

My 25 year old daughter surprised me Sunday by wishing me happy Father's day and expressing her appreciation for me being both mom and dad, being there for her and her brother, teaching them and being so strong and a great roll model. I wanted that moment to last forever.

Thank you very much kissing_heart.png

carolinecakes Posted 22 Jun 2016 , 2:52am
post #4 of 4

@Nana52 thank you

@gscout73 What a wonderful story, you are very welcome. You have raised them well!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%