Stitch Cake

Decorating By mrsg1111 Updated 16 Jun 2016 , 8:08pm by kakeladi

mrsg1111 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsg1111 Posted 16 Jun 2016 , 3:53pm
post #1 of 4

Hello,

I am making a 3D character cake that looks like Stitch (from Lilo & Stitch).  I have the whole thing done except the ears. I need them to stand up on from the side of the face so i can't use a rod in it and stick it straight down in to the cake like bunny  ears. What would be the best way to do this.  I made one ear out of fondant and laid the head down, glued the ear and propped it to dry.  (The other ear cracked so i have to redo it) before i waste anymore fondant and time I thought i would ask for your opinion.  I have thought about using wire however the wire i have does not feel sturdy. 

Please help.

Thank yoU!!!

3 replies
640Cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
640Cake Posted 16 Jun 2016 , 4:16pm
post #2 of 4

One way to do it with your wire..

640Cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
640Cake Posted 16 Jun 2016 , 4:19pm
post #3 of 4

Perhaps double up on your wire....wrap it around a few times if need be and twist it together for more strength and then cover with fondant.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 16 Jun 2016 , 8:08pm
post #4 of 4

I'm probably too late but here's my 2cents :)

If you use wire be sure to dip it in chocolate so it does not actually touch the cake or fondant.

I don't see why a kabob or sucker stick would not work - maybe even a plastic straw.  Just make sure it supports all of the ear.  Uuggg - how to explain what I mean make sure whatever you use is buried from top to bottom of the ear.  You might even have to use 2 across the width of the ear.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%