Delivery Charge

Business By Mrz.cherrri Updated 16 Jun 2016 , 1:32am by Mrz.cherrri

Mrz.cherrri Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mrz.cherrri Posted 13 Jun 2016 , 11:55pm
post #1 of 6

Hi Bakers,

So I have been asked to bake cupcakes for my daughters friend party.  I would usually charge a delivery fee, but in this case I will also have to bring my daughter to the party at the same time I will be delivering the cupcakes.  I kind of feel weird charging a delivery fee; should I?

Thanks

5 replies
GoWildCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GoWildCakes Posted 14 Jun 2016 , 12:03am
post #2 of 6

If it was me, I wouldn't charge.  But I would give her an invoice that shows that you didn't charge. Or mention that it was special that you didn't charge because your daughter was attending.  You don't want her telling people that you don't charge a delivery fee.

Mrz.cherrri Posted 14 Jun 2016 , 12:10am
post #3 of 6

MyM invoice has a section for delivery so that's what made me think of it.  Thanks  I definitely will take your suggestions to at least show that i didn't charge her incase someone ask.

Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 14 Jun 2016 , 1:23am
post #4 of 6

If I were delivering to somewhere I was invited I wouldn't charge for delivery either. It would be good to show her you're not charging her. Everyone appreciates a discount!

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 14 Jun 2016 , 12:03pm
post #5 of 6

I wouldn't charge, but I also wouldn't be setting them up when I got there, either. And make sure to include fees for the boxes to transport if those are going to cost a lot. If it's just one box, not such a big deal.

Mrz.cherrri Posted 16 Jun 2016 , 1:32am
post #6 of 6

Thanks for the advice everyone

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%