Please Help With Cheesecake Decorating

Decorating By josette26 Updated 13 Jun 2016 , 10:47pm by bubs1stbirthday

josette26 Posted 8 Jun 2016 , 5:27pm
post #1 of 11

I would like some help with suggestions for decorating 100 mini cheesecakes and a 6 inch-  cheesecake topper.  The bride requested fresh whipped cream as a garnish on each cake along with sugar paste flowers.  The wedding is on the beach in the hot Florida weather... I'm concerned that the whipped cream will not hold up long enough.  We will be putting them out on display frozen.  Any suggestions for using a stablizer in the cream?  Has anyone used "Whip-It"?  Thanks

10 replies
-K8memphis Posted 8 Jun 2016 , 6:34pm
post #2 of 11

they just need to be kept cold until serving -- freezing really won't help -- no displaying -- i mean if it's windy sand will get in them -- if it's sunny they will melt rapidly -- if it's both they will die even faster -- if there is a swarm of gnats the cakes will become spotted -- the bride needs to be advised the regularly scheduled forces of nature do not take a break during the summer months on hot beaches in florida or any place  else--

what's more -- i feel it is a crime against humanity to put an inedible flower on a one serving item so i hope no wires are required and we're talking fondant not gum paste --

-K8memphis Posted 8 Jun 2016 , 6:36pm
post #3 of 11

you could display them on a bed of ice under a plexiglas cover

josette26 Posted 8 Jun 2016 , 7:19pm
post #4 of 11

Thanks for your ideas and suggestions, we will probably keep everything refrigerated until it's cake time, seems to be the safest thing to do!  No wires were used for the tiny gum paste flowers!

bubs1stbirthday Posted 9 Jun 2016 , 2:36am
post #5 of 11

In reference to a stabiliser for the cream, using gelatine is the way to go. I use the wilton recipe for mine. I can't remember off the top of my head what the amounts are though sorry.

josette26 Posted 9 Jun 2016 , 2:03pm
post #6 of 11

I googled the Wilton recipe, I'll experiment with it tonight! Thanks!!

bubs1stbirthday Posted 10 Jun 2016 , 1:31am
post #7 of 11

No problems, also always temper your warm gelatine with the cold cream first, slowly add a little cold cream to gelatine teaspoon at a time until it is cools then add that to the cream. That will prevent the gelatine setting up in slimy strings before it has mixed into your cream :-)

josette26 Posted 10 Jun 2016 , 3:21am
post #8 of 11

Thanks everyone! Wish me luck!!

-K8memphis Posted 10 Jun 2016 , 12:11pm
post #9 of 11

fwiw -- I've done the gelatin and it's best to strain it first --  but then after that phase I just used piping gel -- then my pastry chef friends explained to me that -- if you whip the cream correctly it needs nothing to stabilize it -- because it will turn to butter if whipped too long right and butter is stable at room temp -- so whip it to just before it turns to butter -- no worries

I mean except for keeping it out of the wind & sun :)

-K8memphis Posted 10 Jun 2016 , 5:50pm
post #10 of 11

and I mean instead of jumping through the gelatin blooming hoops -- piping gel has enough gelatin to get it done so much handier...

bubs1stbirthday Posted 13 Jun 2016 , 10:47pm
post #11 of 11

I can't speak for piping gel as I have never used it but I never strain the gelatin and find it really easy and quick to do.

I just do it in the microwave, heated and melted in a few seconds then cooled in another 20 seconds if you only heated it to melting point. Turn on the beaters and add it in almost all at once, beat for a few more seconds and you are done.

I have never had any gelatine lumps or strings etc doing it like this and the cream easily stays up for days.

Quote by @%username% on %date%