Ragged Fondant Strips

Decorating By suzylynn58 Updated 2 Jun 2016 , 4:40pm by BakerBlackCat

suzylynn58 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzylynn58 Posted 2 Jun 2016 , 11:45am
post #1 of 4

Any tips on this fondant technique?  Also looking for source of really shiny metallic gold edible glitter.  Thanks in advance  

[postimage id="4049" thumb="900"]

3 replies
costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 2 Jun 2016 , 12:10pm
post #2 of 4

Honestly, there is no really shiny metallic edible glitter like that. The way that they get it so shiny in photos is called "overexposing the image" and "photoshop." There are plenty of glitters that people will sell you that they call edible but they're not, they're plastic, so avoid that (disco dust etc.) Rainbow dust makes a decently shiny glitter that's rated edible in Europe but hasn't gone through FDA approval yet, but again, it's not that shiny, nothing edible will be. That's all photo tricks for effect.

suzylynn58 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzylynn58 Posted 2 Jun 2016 , 12:25pm
post #3 of 4

Thank you for your response .  I found some edible glitter at Hobby Lobby that is really just tiny sugar granules.  That's what I'll be using  

BakerBlackCat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakerBlackCat Posted 2 Jun 2016 , 4:40pm
post #4 of 4

That's an Erica O'Brien cake.  https://www.instagram.com/p/BBkdQwBnxmm/?taken-by=ericaobriencake

She has the occasional tutorial on her website, as well as classes on Craftsy.  I know I've read somewhere about how she does that ruffle, but I can't find it right now...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%