Cake Pops Sticking Out Of Cake

Decorating By CakesbyMichele Updated 2 Jun 2016 , 11:26pm by ropalma

CakesbyMichele Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesbyMichele Posted 2 Jun 2016 , 12:27am
post #1 of 7

I have someone who wants cake pops to be stuck into the edge of the cake, all around  the edges, to act as decoratiion for the cake.  Basically, it will look like a wall of cake pops around the edges of the cake and sticking out of the top.  My question is whether the cake pops will be too heavy and rip through the cake (the pops will be on sticks) or if they will just stick out of the cake without issue.

6 replies
gscout73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gscout73 Posted 2 Jun 2016 , 12:34am
post #2 of 7

They will rip through and fall because they are top heavy by design.

640Cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
640Cake Posted 2 Jun 2016 , 12:58pm
post #3 of 7

You could try using straws, like coffee stirrers. I used them on a candy themed cake and they held the weight of big lollipops that were angled into the top of the cake.

640Cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
640Cake Posted 2 Jun 2016 , 1:00pm
post #4 of 7

You could also fill those stirrers with chocolate where you want the cake pop stick to stop, so they don't fall all the way through the straw.  Like plug up an inch or two with chocolate (allow to dry) before inserting into the cake and then insert your cake pop.

ropalma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ropalma Posted 2 Jun 2016 , 6:42pm
post #5 of 7

Here is a picture in CC for what you are looking for.  I think it will help.  I do not think they will rip off if you stack then correctly.

http://www.cakecentral.com/gallery/i/2241537/cake-ball-cake

babycakes77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babycakes77 Posted 2 Jun 2016 , 10:15pm
post #6 of 7

I believe the picture link above is a cake ball cake in which the cake balls are stuck to a styrofoam cake dummy therefore it's secure. I think that if you try to do that to a real cake, it will tear the cake apart. Just my .02.

ropalma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ropalma Posted 2 Jun 2016 , 11:26pm
post #7 of 7

If you look closely to the picture and description each tier is labeled with their flavor.  I think they are stuck on with maybe candy melts and no sticks were inserted in the cake.  I have commented on that post let's see what they say.  I agree that a  lot sticks in the cake will make the cake very weak.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%