Fun Filling To Go With Vanilla Cupcakes?

Baking By kger Updated 2 Jun 2016 , 1:18am by kger

kger Posted 1 Jun 2016 , 6:37pm
post #1 of 4

Help me impress my coworkers! I have 100+ mini vanilla cupcakes already baked for a coworkers wedding shower tomorrow. She loves tiramisu, so I am duplicating the tiramisu cupcakes I made for her bday a few months ago with half my batch.  With the other half... the sky's the limit.

My baking is already well-known and well-appreciated.  I have previously made Key Lime Pie, Banana Pudding, Chocolate Peanut Butter, Chocolate Raspberry, Pina Colada, Cookies & Cream... and I mentioned Tiramisu.  I have a rep to protect with my remaining 50 minis and it needs to go with a vanilla cake.  Is Lemon Curd notable?  Anything else that would be fun?

3 replies
julia1812 Posted 1 Jun 2016 , 6:47pm
post #2 of 4

Oh I love key lime curd! Why don't you take it a step further and make gin and tonic inspired cupcakes? Brush them with Gin, fill them with key lime curd and top them with Gin and tonic frosting?

SandraAlicante Posted 1 Jun 2016 , 7:15pm
post #3 of 4

Actually did home made lemon curd filled cupcakes with vanilla frosting a couple of weeks ago, they went down a storm!

kger Posted 2 Jun 2016 , 1:18am
post #4 of 4

I ended up doing lemon curd. Family approves, so I'm curious to hear the feedback from the guests tomorrow.  Thanks for suggestions!

Quote by @%username% on %date%