Fun Filling To Go With Vanilla Cupcakes?

Baking By kger Updated 2 Jun 2016 , 1:18am by kger

kger  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kger Posted 1 Jun 2016 , 6:37pm
post #1 of 4

Help me impress my coworkers! I have 100+ mini vanilla cupcakes already baked for a coworkers wedding shower tomorrow. She loves tiramisu, so I am duplicating the tiramisu cupcakes I made for her bday a few months ago with half my batch.  With the other half... the sky's the limit.

My baking is already well-known and well-appreciated.  I have previously made Key Lime Pie, Banana Pudding, Chocolate Peanut Butter, Chocolate Raspberry, Pina Colada, Cookies & Cream... and I mentioned Tiramisu.  I have a rep to protect with my remaining 50 minis and it needs to go with a vanilla cake.  Is Lemon Curd notable?  Anything else that would be fun?

3 replies
 julia1812  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 1 Jun 2016 , 6:47pm
post #2 of 4

Oh I love key lime curd! Why don't you take it a step further and make gin and tonic inspired cupcakes? Brush them with Gin, fill them with key lime curd and top them with Gin and tonic frosting?

SandraAlicante  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraAlicante Posted 1 Jun 2016 , 7:15pm
post #3 of 4

Actually did home made lemon curd filled cupcakes with vanilla frosting a couple of weeks ago, they went down a storm!

kger  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kger Posted 2 Jun 2016 , 1:18am
post #4 of 4

I ended up doing lemon curd. Family approves, so I'm curious to hear the feedback from the guests tomorrow.  Thanks for suggestions!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%