Double Digit Number Cake And Buttercream

Decorating By mclean Updated 1 Jun 2016 , 3:01am by kakeladi

mclean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mclean Posted 31 May 2016 , 9:52pm
post #1 of 5

Hello,

I am thinking about decorating the number "10" with buttercream for my daughter's birthday.  I am wondering how one decorates two cakes that will be so close together on a board?  i.e. I am wondering how I am going to manoeuvre my hands to decorate between them?????

4 replies
Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 31 May 2016 , 10:02pm
post #2 of 5

Here's an example of a cupcake number display you may wish to consider.  I used clean cardboard that I cut to size and covered with Fanci Foil to make the board for this number cupcake display.  To measure the size of the board needed, I make a pretend design pattern using empty cupcake liners.  I used double-sided tape to stick the finished cupcakes to the board.

After all the cupcakes were on the board, I frosted with a 1M swirl, piped the "leaves", and sprinkled Wilton's White Cake Sparkles for the 'bling'. 

https://christinascakes.shutterfly.com/pictures/469

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 31 May 2016 , 11:00pm
post #3 of 5

good idea, apti,

another idea is to use one board for each numeral then attach those to a bigger board like with hot glue or tape

mclean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mclean Posted 1 Jun 2016 , 12:00am
post #4 of 5

Your cupcakes look lovely...thank you.  I am planning on making two cakes, however.  Thank you also K8memphis....I might try your idea!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 1 Jun 2016 , 3:01am
post #5 of 5

Yes, even w/2 cakes each one should go on a board the same size & shape as the cake in order to work on them separately.  OR put one on the board, ice, then put the 2nd on on a temporary board and ice it, then put them together on the big board.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%