Edible Printers

Baking By Kakeandbake Updated 7 Jun 2016 , 9:01pm by icingimages

Kakeandbake Posted 28 May 2016 , 9:03pm
post #1 of 6

Hello I purchased a edible printer cannon mg6620 I used it for regular printing now I want to put the edible ink cartridges in and use it solely for edible printing. Is that possible or will I have to buy another printer for edible printing since I used the regular ink first? 

5 replies
costumeczar Posted 29 May 2016 , 1:04am
post #2 of 6

You'll need another printer, the chemicals in regular inks aren't food safe so the printer is essentially contaminated at this point.

HannahsMomi Posted 30 May 2016 , 12:13pm
post #3 of 6

Yep...you need a new printer.  Costumeczar is right!  The regular inks are already inside your printer...

costumeczar Posted 30 May 2016 , 12:27pm
post #4 of 6

Look on Amazon, I keep an eye out and get some cheap printers there. Here's an MG5520, which uses the same cartridges as the 6620, it would be around $100 with the shipping. I've bought them for cheaper than that but you have to keep an eye out for deals. http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=canon+printer&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Acanon+printer

Kakeandbake Posted 1 Jun 2016 , 6:33am
post #5 of 6

Thanks for answering everyone! 

icingimages Posted 7 Jun 2016 , 9:01pm
post #6 of 6

You can purchase the 6620 but if you cant find it look for the MG6820. It is a little cheaper now that it is the newest available.  Icing Images sells all the supplies for it and you will find that you will love the quality and support that they offer. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%