Friday Night Cake Club For 5/27/16

Decorating By catlharper Updated 31 May 2016 , 2:22am by catlharper

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 28 May 2016 , 3:25am
post #1 of 15

Opening up another session of the FNCC! ALL levels of cakers are welcome to share their week, photos of their work, ask for help or provide help if they can!

Cat

14 replies
catlharper Posted 28 May 2016 , 3:28am
post #2 of 15

Hi everyone!

Well, I love my new job...it's really wonderful. The downside is that this is my Tuesday...which feels like Tuesday, not Friday, so I was slow to realize that it's Friday and I needed to get my act together and get up here to post! LOL!

No baking for me this week. Traditionally this is an ice cream weekend for us. In the USA we are celebrating Memorial Day, honoring our fallen military, and even tho' I'm working we'll still be gathering as a family and throwing some burgers on the BBQ. We'll finish it up with vanilla ice cream topped with my homemade strawberry sauce. (We did a trial run of this combo and it was SOOOO good! So while I didn't end up canning jam like planned, the sauce is amazing! LOL!)

Hope you all have had a wonderful week and I do hope to see some new creations over the next few days!

Cat

Creativeconfectioner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Creativeconfectioner Posted 28 May 2016 , 4:24am
post #3 of 15

So its midnight here and I am now getting to bed.....the wedding is tomorrow and the cake is well on its way....it is mega tall and I have taken the decision to create the cascade on site as the flowers are super delicate......do not want any mishaps on the way....also the venue is not close to home so I am packing everything and the kitchen sink...LOL.........here are some preliminary pics...will post finals tomorrow :)

Happy Memorial day Cat :)

[postimage id="4009" thumb="900"]

[postimage id="4010" thumb="900"]

catlharper Posted 28 May 2016 , 4:39am
post #4 of 15

@Creativeconfectioner I love white on white cakes...makes the flowers POP! I wish you the best in getting it to the venue...definitely the worst part of caking!

Cat

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 28 May 2016 , 7:18am
post #5 of 15

I always like lots of colorful flowers @Creativeconfectioner ‍ that's one tall cake!!

just a simple batch of lemon cupcakes with fantasy flowers for family.

[postimage id="4011" thumb="900"]

Marian64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marian64 Posted 29 May 2016 , 1:05am
post #6 of 15

@Creativeconfectioner ‍ beautiful. Can't wait to see the final pictures.

@MBalaska ‍ love the beautiful flowers on the cupcakes.

Creativeconfectioner Posted 29 May 2016 , 2:01am
post #7 of 15

ok here they are.....as am I...hi!!

[postimage id="4019" thumb="900"]

[postimage id="4020" thumb="900"]

[postimage id="4021" thumb="900"]

MBalaska Posted 29 May 2016 , 2:12am
post #8 of 15

WOW, amazing cascade of beautiful flowers!  love it

Bakerlady2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bakerlady2 Posted 29 May 2016 , 2:21am
post #9 of 15

The flowers are beautiful!!

LelekBolek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LelekBolek Posted 29 May 2016 , 11:02am
post #10 of 15

Very pretty, everyone!

No cakes for me this weekend. I previously had two potential orders, that fell through before any planning was done due to event cancellation, etc. And I had an amiable "last minute customer" encounter, that did not result in a more usual exchange of "your prices are crazy-it is just a cake - can't you whip that up in an hour, or something?!!! They do it on tv all the time!" scenario.

Just a bummed out feeling on behalf of the customer, for not thinking of ordering a cake earlier. I felt for her, but she was asking for an 80+ guest decorated cake, but had no feel for the size of that job. She seemed to get it, after I explained, so that's good. I told her that for my basic cakes, I will need 2 weeks at least of advance notice, since there are schedules and planning to consider. Just like "in real life", not on cake-show tv :-) 

I hope she found something for her party's desserts. As for me, I was actually relieved not to do any cakes, as I am ran down from a busy week, and not really feeling the necessary creative umpf. 

I hope you all have a great weekend!

Singerssoul Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Singerssoul Posted 29 May 2016 , 2:01pm
post #11 of 15

Creativeconfectioner- The cake is lovely, so tall with beautiful flowers.  (and a nice pic of you too! )

MBalaska- Simple but pretty cupcakes! 

Creativeconfectioner Posted 29 May 2016 , 11:50pm
post #12 of 15

Thanks alot for the kind words everyone......I feel like I have given birth...LOL.....most importantly the client was over the moon :) all round a good thing :)

meghanm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meghanm Posted 30 May 2016 , 5:10am
post #13 of 15

[postimage id="4034" thumb="900"]

Wedding cake I made this weekend, bride wanted me to match the champagne colored tier to a fabric swatch that was going to be on the tables. I had it matched perfectly then found the gold cake topper once I got to the venue, I was slightly disappointed! But I think it ended up looking pretty in the end even with the gold cake topper :)

MBalaska Posted 30 May 2016 , 11:42pm
post #14 of 15

@meghanm ‍ very pretty cake, both the flower and topper are nice.

catlharper Posted 31 May 2016 , 2:22am
post #15 of 15

Love all the creations this week!

MBalaska SO cute!

Creativeconfectioner That turned out just so beautiful! Your flowers are simply stunning!

LelekBolek my heart hurts for you. I have had those conversations with clients before and it hurts that they put so little value on what is, actually, a work of art. 

meghanm  Simple and simply lovely! Perfection!

Hope you have a wonderful week everyone! 

Cat

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%