Anyone Know This "gold Brush" Technique? We Waaaanntssss It!

Decorating By MagicMoon Updated 27 May 2016 , 2:21am by MagicMoon

MagicMoon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MagicMoon Posted 27 May 2016 , 1:32am
post #1 of 3

This beautiful tier is from a Boho Chic cake by  cake_whisperer. I've seen several versions of the gold painted on fondant. But this one is uniformly vertical and that is the look I need instead of dabs, watercolor or rounded random spots. Can anyone tell me how to apply it to get this look? Is it just talented brushing skills? Painted on then wiped back off with precision? Help!!! I'd appreciate it. :-)

[postimage id="3995" thumb="900"]

2 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 27 May 2016 , 2:01am
post #2 of 3

Well my take on it is that it's just brush strokes starting from the bottom and pulling the brush upwards.  The real thin parts (such as at the far right of the pic) is where you 'clean' the brush by painting what little is on the brush - either up or down.  Skill ! :)  Will take practice.

MagicMoon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MagicMoon Posted 27 May 2016 , 2:21am
post #3 of 3

Ugh....I was afraid patience and work were involved!!!  Hahahaha.  I'll give it a go and see how close I get.  I just love that look and it'll help my tier look a little taller if I can pull it off.  Thank you so much for answering so fast kakeladi!  Guess I'm off to pick through my brushes. Hope you have a great weekend!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%