Piping With Ermine And French Buttercreams

Baking By peony123 Updated 27 May 2016 , 3:48am by hippiecac

peony123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peony123 Posted 26 May 2016 , 8:03pm
post #1 of 4

I just recently whipped up a batch of ermine frosting and some french buttercream to try them out and don't think I made them correctly as the ermine looks/feels a bit too soupy in the sense that it doesnt hold its shape too well and has the consistency of thick pudding and the french holds pretty well but does start to melt around 20 minutes. Was wondering if anyone uses these and if so for what purposes and how they have fared with piping these buttercreams? I've read on the forum a few have used this for cupcakes?

3 replies
remnant3333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
remnant3333 Posted 26 May 2016 , 8:32pm
post #2 of 4

Ermine frosting, which is flour frosting is good for covering a cake and filling in between layers for cakes. I could also do borders  very easily but as far as delicate piping flour frosting flowers I had to use the regular buttercream icing. It might do the drop flowers  but not good for roses. My flour frosting was never soupy so I am not sure why yours came out that way. Maybe others here will know better than I will since they do cakes for a living.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 26 May 2016 , 10:21pm
post #3 of 4

was your cooked mixture completely cooled off -- not even just a little warm otherwise you melt the butter and no es bueno es la sopa -- the agua comes out of the butter -- no bueno

hippiecac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hippiecac Posted 27 May 2016 , 3:48am
post #4 of 4

Try refrigerating both overnight, then rebeating tomorrow. Sounds like the Ermine pudding base wasn't cooled completely. Rebeating it cold should fix that. Is the French melting in the bag (from the heat of your hand?) or just sitting out on the counter? Is it really hot in your kitchen? 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%