How To Reproduce The Navy Seal Logo

Decorating By grammix3 Updated 31 May 2016 , 5:50am by grammix3

grammix3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grammix3 Posted 25 May 2016 , 5:02pm
post #1 of 18

I have a Navy Retirement cake to make next week. The customer wants the Navy Seal included. Has anyone had to incorporate a logo on a cake? I would appreciate any ideas.

17 replies
Mammadukes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mammadukes Posted 25 May 2016 , 6:16pm
post #2 of 18

Hi yes I have done a navy ship emblem for a friend's cake I just printed the emblem and cut all the pieces separately from the different colored fondant then put them together on a white fondant background it was a challenge but I think it came out ok  I'll try to post a pic for you to see what I mean.  Hope this answers your question and helps ☺[postimage id="3986" thumb="900"]

sweetceces Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetceces Posted 26 May 2016 , 2:33am
post #3 of 18

[postimage id="3988" thumb="900"]

this is something i did for a navy seals cake. i have an edible image printer and just used that and used a light chocolate buttercream for all the gold decoration you see and then airbrushed it gold.

Jenny BakesAlot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenny BakesAlot Posted 26 May 2016 , 3:53am
post #4 of 18

[postimage id="3989" thumb="900"]

Jenny BakesAlot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenny BakesAlot Posted 26 May 2016 , 3:57am
post #5 of 18

I couldn't figure out how or where to type when inserting the picture, but this cake  also uses an edible image. 

grammix3 Posted 26 May 2016 , 4:19am
post #6 of 18

Mamadukes,thanks for the reminder about this technique.

grammix3 Posted 26 May 2016 , 4:24am
post #7 of 18

Sweetceces

This is the logo I will be using and I think an edible image is going to be my best bet. Jenny BakesALot thanks to you as well.

Mammadukes Posted 26 May 2016 , 7:22pm
post #8 of 18

I don't have a edible printer so I do all my logos and characters like this I have been asked for a few edible images though, I guess I better look into a printer eventually lol 

grammix3 Posted 26 May 2016 , 8:29pm
post #9 of 18

I don't have one either. I use the cut out technique you used and the Frozen Buttercream. Your work is beautiful. Sorry, I can't figure out how to attach pictures. 

Mammadukes Posted 26 May 2016 , 9:23pm
post #10 of 18

Awe thank you I love baking and decorating cakes. I'm almost sure to post a pic you touch that little square that looks like a painting next to the emoji one and take from your files, it took me awhile to figure it out last time lol

grammix3 Posted 27 May 2016 , 4:21am
post #11 of 18

I tried that but it takes to documents or camera.  It doesn't offer gallery or photos where my pictures are. Too bad. Thanks again for your suggestion.

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 28 May 2016 , 2:40am
post #12 of 18

Your local cake supply store or grocery store will probably print an edible image for you. I just got one from Kroger's a couple of weeks ago.

grammix3 Posted 28 May 2016 , 2:44am
post #13 of 18

Cheatize, I never thought to try grocery store. Our cake store is a bit of a drive. Thanks for the idea. 

grammix3 Posted 30 May 2016 , 12:40am
post #14 of 18

Okay Ladies, this makes me feel dumb but now I wonder how to actually ask for an edible image. A friend pointed out some things to me and i need to know what I have to do first. I know my cake store does them so how do i present to them? Do i take a picture? do they look it up on a computer? The store is closed Monday, Memorial Day so time is beginning to be an issue since now my customer wants the cake Thursday evening for a Friday morning ceremony. I know you ladies will be able to walk me thru this. TIA 

cheatize Posted 30 May 2016 , 2:21pm
post #15 of 18

It depends on the store. Kroger, for example, does it using a picture or print out that you bring in. They scan it into their computer. Other places can do it using a flash drive, SMD (camera memory card), or from a CD. I took all 3 versions with me so I'd be sure to have it in the proper format. You can call and ask how they need it. Be sure to look at the edible image before you pay for it, in case the colors are wonky or the size is wrong.

cheatize Posted 30 May 2016 , 2:23pm
post #16 of 18

Oh! It's similar to printing on regular paper, just using food-safe ink instead of regular ink. Therefore, the largest size I've seen available is 8X10- the size of a piece of paper so whatever format you present the image in, make sure it's already sized appropriately.

Shoo Shoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shoo Shoo Posted 30 May 2016 , 3:58pm
post #17 of 18

You could also EMAIL the image to your local bakery and they will have it ready for you to pick up.  I have done that with a custom design (i.e., an image I created, not one found on the internet).  It also allowed me to position the image so I got multiple images on one page (just in case I messed something up!)  It was my first time to use that technique and it worked out great!  They were so helpful and gave me tips on how to handle the image!  Good luck!  I'm sure it'll turn out great! 

grammix3 Posted 31 May 2016 , 5:50am
post #18 of 18

Cheatize and Shoo Shoo, thanks for the help. I live 30 miles from nearest store so I called. Wal-Mart was the only place that printed without requiring you buy a cake... I printed my logo in the size I needed and the manager printed 2 for me. (no extra charge). They are beautiful and I feel so much better about my cake being exactly what the customer wants.  I won't hesitate to use edible image again. Tks again

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%