Sugar Sheets And Candy Melts??

Decorating By craftycakes0627 Updated 6 Jun 2016 , 5:07pm by craftycakes0627

craftycakes0627 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
craftycakes0627 Posted 24 May 2016 , 2:07pm
post #1 of 8

HI!  I am making some candy crayons as cupcake toppers for an end of year party.  The clients wants the children's names on them and I don't have fondant letter cutters that small. I was thinking of printing the names on a "crayon label" ( sugar sheet ) and then attaching to the candy crayons.... but how do I attach them and get them to stay??  any thoughts?  Piping gel??  Thanks!

7 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 24 May 2016 , 3:58pm
post #2 of 8

Additional melted choco?  Just melt say one disc and paint a bit on each end of the  label.

640Cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
640Cake Posted 24 May 2016 , 4:14pm
post #3 of 8

If you fold it onto itself, just water would work.  I'd consider using rice or wafer paper over a sugar sheet, though.  I'm thinking the sugar sheet may be too thick?? And the wafer paper is light enough to wrap around a "crayon", adhere with a bit of water or chocolate and be good to go.

Creativeconfectioner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Creativeconfectioner Posted 24 May 2016 , 4:24pm
post #4 of 8

I agree with 640Cake....labels printed on rice paper may be a better bet though if the medium you are sticking it to is chocolate I would use piping gel :)....not too much...just a thin layer

craftycakes0627 Posted 24 May 2016 , 4:42pm
post #5 of 8

Thanks all.  I don't have any rice or waffer paper available so I think i will expieriment a little and if it doesn't work, the crayons will be fondant versus chocolate and that should slove the problem.  (I hope) :)

craftycakes0627 Posted 3 Jun 2016 , 8:28pm
post #6 of 8

Update:  I used candy melts to make the crayons and sugar sheets for the labels.  I wrapped the labels completely around the crayon and over lapped the sheet on the back of the crayon.  I first misted them with a TINY bit of water to soften them a tad.  Then I painted on piping gel, let it sit for about 2 minutes and then wrapped the crayon!  It worked beautifully!  The earlier crayons' labels cracked a little where I wrapped it under the crayon.  That is why I opted to soften the labels first.  http://www.cakecentral.com/gallery/i/3370480/personalized-candy-crayons

640Cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
640Cake Posted 6 Jun 2016 , 1:09pm
post #7 of 8

They are cute!  Great job!

craftycakes0627 Posted 6 Jun 2016 , 5:07pm
post #8 of 8

Thank you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%