Cake Delivery

Baking By Roxett Updated 23 May 2016 , 5:59am by Roxett

Roxett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Roxett Posted 22 May 2016 , 7:49pm
post #1 of 5

Hi

Got an order for a 3 tier cake for a birthday and I did a beautiful cake but the bottom layer was falling apart at the deliver...I was able to save it by putting some extra flowers and the client was satisfied with the cake but I feel like refunding  half of the payment as it is my fault for not secuering the cake properly...what do you think.....it was admired by the guest but no one noticed the damage....but my conciouse...

Regards

Rose

4 replies
cangrilady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cangrilady Posted 22 May 2016 , 8:12pm
post #2 of 5

We all have mishaps and have to be able to get quick solutions when this stuff happens. Even the big bakers as we see on TV had it happen. Good job on making it work and I think that if the client was happy you should be proud of your work.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 22 May 2016 , 8:49pm
post #3 of 5

Here's a piece of advice I was given early on in my decorating life:   NEVER point out your mistakes.  Others most likely don't see them or comment on them :)

Forget a refund.  Here's why:  you said:...client was satisfied....was admired by the guest but no one noticed the damage..

Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 22 May 2016 , 8:54pm
post #4 of 5

Do not punish yourself for things no one cares about.

Roxett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Roxett Posted 23 May 2016 , 5:59am
post #5 of 5

Thank you ladies for the comment, this is the second mistake I have done in my 26 years of cake baking. its difficult to digest what happened. I must try to to get on with it.

Regards

Rose

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%