Does Anyone Know This Pan?

Baking By GJsLady Updated 1 Jun 2016 , 3:37pm by ropalma

GJsLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GJsLady Posted 22 May 2016 , 3:01am
post #1 of 7

Hi everyone, I happened across this pan today at an estate sale and thought it was interesting, but I'm not sure how the inserts work.  I haven't been able to locate anything like it online and I know someone out there has to know how it works...Please help if you can.  Thank you.    

[postimage id="3953" thumb="900"]

6 replies
maybenot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maybenot Posted 22 May 2016 , 3:44am
post #2 of 7

The 2 "loose" hearts don't do with the larger "bunt" heart-type pan.  The bunt type pan is an older Wilton pan that can be baked normally.  The 2 loose hearts are cake molds that are used on a lined sheet pan with a thick cake batter.

GJsLady Posted 22 May 2016 , 3:49am
post #3 of 7

Thank you so much for that info.  I've been looking at it all afternoon wondering how the heck those two inserts are used.   lol

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 22 May 2016 , 1:57pm
post #4 of 7

I agree you have not one pan but three :)  Or do they not come apart??  Otherwise I agree w/maybenot.

GJsLady Posted 23 May 2016 , 1:25am
post #5 of 7

Yes, Kakeladi, they do come apart.  There's the bundt type pan, and then 2 bottomless heart shapes.  I guess I should have taken them apart to give a better view of them.  Thank you.

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 28 May 2016 , 3:59am
post #6 of 7

Cake molds? Really? I've seen similar ones and thought you used them to cut out the shape from an already baked cake. Hmm. Learn something new every day, I guess.

ropalma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ropalma Posted 1 Jun 2016 , 3:37pm
post #7 of 7

There is a German lady that I like to watch her videos even though I do not understand her LOL.  She uses that method of the bottomless type pans.  Her name is Sally Welt. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%