Does Anyone Know This Pan?

Baking By GJsLady Updated 1 Jun 2016 , 3:37pm by ropalma

GJsLady Posted 22 May 2016 , 3:01am
post #1 of 7

Hi everyone, I happened across this pan today at an estate sale and thought it was interesting, but I'm not sure how the inserts work.  I haven't been able to locate anything like it online and I know someone out there has to know how it works...Please help if you can.  Thank you.    


6 replies
maybenot Posted 22 May 2016 , 3:44am
post #2 of 7

The 2 "loose" hearts don't do with the larger "bunt" heart-type pan.  The bunt type pan is an older Wilton pan that can be baked normally.  The 2 loose hearts are cake molds that are used on a lined sheet pan with a thick cake batter.

GJsLady Posted 22 May 2016 , 3:49am
post #3 of 7

Thank you so much for that info.  I've been looking at it all afternoon wondering how the heck those two inserts are used.   lol

kakeladi Posted 22 May 2016 , 1:57pm
post #4 of 7

I agree you have not one pan but three :)  Or do they not come apart??  Otherwise I agree w/maybenot.

GJsLady Posted 23 May 2016 , 1:25am
post #5 of 7

Yes, Kakeladi, they do come apart.  There's the bundt type pan, and then 2 bottomless heart shapes.  I guess I should have taken them apart to give a better view of them.  Thank you.

cheatize Posted 28 May 2016 , 3:59am
post #6 of 7

Cake molds? Really? I've seen similar ones and thought you used them to cut out the shape from an already baked cake. Hmm. Learn something new every day, I guess.

ropalma Posted 1 Jun 2016 , 3:37pm
post #7 of 7

There is a German lady that I like to watch her videos even though I do not understand her LOL.  She uses that method of the bottomless type pans.  Her name is Sally Welt. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%