Ideas For How To Design Cake With Many Random Items?

Decorating By taytay056 Updated 22 May 2016 , 2:44pm by -K8memphis

taytay056 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
taytay056 Posted 22 May 2016 , 12:13am
post #1 of 5

Hi! I'm a longtime lurker, but rarely post. I have a dilemma with a cake I've agreed to do...I just can't visualize a way to make it look right with all of the guidelines given. I generally do tiered and sculpted cakes. This is what I have to put together in the next 2 weeks:

1/4 sheet covered in fondant with the following decor:

standing ladybug figurine wearing a stethoscope (specifically designed similar to the one below)

figurine of a dog

passport

credit cards

pandora bracelet in a box

a shoe (flat dressy sandal/flip flop)

shopping bag(s)

The woman ordering said she doesn't care if the decor besides the ladybug is flat, leading me to believe that the ladybug should be the centerpiece of the cake...I just don't know how I can make the cake "flow" with all of these random things placed on a sheet cake. Any suggestions?

4 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 22 May 2016 , 2:28am
post #2 of 5

The passport can be near the edge w/the dog on the board pulling it down.  Shopping bags, credit cards and shoe(s) on/around  the sides.    Not sure about the bracelet box.  Keep these things mini so the eye is drawn to the ladybug.  

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 22 May 2016 , 2:28am
post #3 of 5

The passport can be near the edge w/the dog on the board pulling it down.  Shopping bags, credit cards and shoe(s) on/around  the sides.    Not sure about the bracelet box.  Keep these things mini so the eye is drawn to the ladybug.  

julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 22 May 2016 , 5:05am
post #4 of 5

Okay...not sure what budget you agreed on...but the picture in my head looks like this: an airport scene with the standing ladybug figurine wearing a stethoscope And the dog waiting at the counter. The dog is holding his passport and the lady bug is looking at a shop display with a pandora bracelet in a box and a shoe and waving her credit card while already surrounded by shopping bag(s). Everything sort of cute and comic like.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 22 May 2016 , 2:44pm
post #5 of 5

the lady bug is the central figure with the shopping bags spilled &flopping around her feet (ladybug feet really?) And all the other items spilling out of and around the shopping bags -- the dog could be peeking out of a bag

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%