White Chocolate Ganche Ratio?

Baking By SoniaMT Updated 24 May 2016 , 1:12am by Nancylou

SoniaMT Posted 19 May 2016 , 2:23pm
post #1 of 6

Hey Guys! Im making white chocolate ganche to cover a cake before fondant. Im not sure what the ratio is, i have worked with dark chocolate but never with white. i understand they have different melting consistencies. Any tips on ratio and or do i need to add butter to it as well?? Thanks!

5 replies
Nancylou Posted 19 May 2016 , 7:34pm
post #2 of 6

A lot will depend on your climate.  I live in West Tennessee and I need at least a 4:1 ratio for white chocolate.  Then in the heat of the summer, that may climb to 5:1.  Others seem to have success with lower ratios.  If you have time, why not make a few small batches and see how they set in the bowl.

SoniaMT Posted 20 May 2016 , 12:58am
post #3 of 6

thanks! ill try that today! Our weather is pretty dry here in Los Angeles. But it has been more humid than usual this week. 

Nancylou Posted 20 May 2016 , 4:06am
post #4 of 6

I actually learned to make my ratios higher from Lesley Wright (Royal Bakery) and she is North of you.  I really had fits with my white chocolate until I took her Craftsy class.  It's called "My Best Cake Yet, Essential Decorating Techniques". 

I'm curious now, so be sure to come back to this thread and update it with your ratios.

SoniaMT Posted 23 May 2016 , 2:46pm
post #5 of 6

Hey Guys! Ok so i finished the cake and I did mine 3 to 1 ratio and it turned out perfect! I used it to cover a cake before the fondant layer! 

Nancylou Posted 24 May 2016 , 1:12am
post #6 of 6

I'm so glad to hear that you found the perfect ratio.  It makes all the difference!

Quote by @%username% on %date%