Where Can I Buy This Font/lettering Mold?

Decorating By sillykar Updated 18 May 2016 , 6:33pm by carolinecakes

sillykar Posted 18 May 2016 , 7:57am
post #1 of 13

I've fallen in love with the font that this decorator uses on her cakes.  I've looked all over the internet but haven't been able to identify the font nor find it.  Can someone help identify the name of the lettering set or tell me where I can buy this?  Thanks!

Here are some pictures of her beautiful cakes with the font/lettering that I love:




Click on the image to zoom in for the lettering.

12 replies
Jenna217 Posted 18 May 2016 , 8:41am
post #2 of 13
Apti Posted 18 May 2016 , 8:48am
post #3 of 13
Apti Posted 18 May 2016 , 8:50am
post #4 of 13

There's a couple of tricks to using these tappits.  First:  Watch youtube videos.  Second:  Roll your gum paste VERY thin and let it dry for about 20-45 minutes BEFORE trying to cut.  Third:  Lightly 'dip' your tappits in powdered sugar or cornstarch, then shake or tap off excess to allow a quick, clean release of the letters.

sillykar Posted 18 May 2016 , 9:09am
post #5 of 13

Thank you so much for your replies!  @Apti, I was on the Global Sugar website but I just couldn't recognize the font from their product pictures.  Thanks so much for your help.  Your tips/tricks are a lifesaver too!  I would have made a mess of the letters if you hadn't thrown those tips in there.

ropalma Posted 18 May 2016 , 12:12pm
post #6 of 13

Another thing I do with the tappits is put a piece of clear plastic wrap over the fondant and then press over it.  It cuts the letters but the fondant does not get stuck to the mold.

sillykar Posted 18 May 2016 , 4:15pm
post #7 of 13

That sounds like a great trick!  I will definitely try that!  Thanks for helping out a newbie !

Apti Posted 18 May 2016 , 4:33pm
post #8 of 13

@sillykar - you are most welcome.    (I was a newbie not so long ago and lovely people here on CC helped me improve--just passing along the love...)

gscout73 Posted 18 May 2016 , 6:02pm
post #9 of 13

Both the Patchwork and the Tappits are flat. I have the tappits, and they do not look like what the OP is looking for. The lettering in the sample pics are raised, 3 dimensional, not flat. I am also interested in those molds. Let us know where you find what you are looking for.

SweetShop5 Posted 18 May 2016 , 6:24pm
post #10 of 13

@gscout73 ‍ I'm almost certain those are Tappits, mine never come out flat. They look just like the ones in the pictures provided by the OP.

shellbell181 Posted 18 May 2016 , 6:31pm
post #11 of 13

Pretty sure they are tappits if ur fondant or Gumpaste is rolled really thin they come out flat if it's a little thicker they come out more 3D

MBalaska Posted 18 May 2016 , 6:33pm
post #12 of 13

Mine don't come out flat either @SweetShop5 ‍ as I do the plastic food wrap method like you and @ropalma ‍ .  Works like a charm every time.  You still need to let the paste dry like @Apti ‍ says, so they don't get deformed.

Mine look exactly like those in the photo.  Course, not everyone rolls out their paste super thin and that makes them look fatter.

carolinecakes Posted 18 May 2016 , 6:33pm
post #13 of 13

I needed a refresher course on how to use my tappits..........THANK YOU smile.png

Quote by @%username% on %date%