Cake Instruction Sheet

Business By hippiecac Updated 18 May 2016 , 11:34am by costumeczar

hippiecac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hippiecac Posted 18 May 2016 , 3:00am
post #1 of 4

Does anyone include a sheet with cake instructions - cutting guide/do not refrigerate, etc. with their cakes?

I thought it might be a nice touch, especially when the client has a friend or relative pick up or take delivery of the cake. 

Also, do you give out swag (logo pens, magnets etc.) or thank you gifts with orders? In the past I've included a "Thank You" decorated cookie, a single cupcake in a box or a logo item. Haven't done it regularly, and was wondering if others do it and if they find it helps drum up more business? 

3 replies
Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 18 May 2016 , 8:59am
post #2 of 4

I hobby bake and do not sell cakes.  If I were selling cakes, I would not include any "swag".  I have donated cakes and if I will not be cutting/serving the cake, I leave a copy of these instructions:

http://cateritsimple.blogspot.com/search/label/cake%20comb

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 18 May 2016 , 11:34am
post #3 of 4

I leave a sheet that has basic instructions on the size to cut the pieces, what flavors are in each tier, what needs to be returned to me, etc etc. Also allergy information, since the health inspectors said that's a good thing to do and it makes sense to let people know. It basically is all the information I need to cover my butt in case someone cuts the cake wrong or whatever...I can say that I left instructions so they should have followed them ;)

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 18 May 2016 , 11:34am
post #4 of 4

And no, no swag or freebies or extras. They get what they pay for.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%