Homemade Raspberry Reduction Sauce Help

Baking By SoniaMT Updated 19 May 2016 , 2:14pm by SoniaMT

SoniaMT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SoniaMT Posted 17 May 2016 , 9:16pm
post #1 of 6

Hi Guys!

I recently had a taste test with a client for a lemon cake she wanted. She decided to go with the raspberry filling with butter cream. I had used a meringue butter cream and raspberry preserve. She said she wanted the raspberry taste to be stronger. Im scared if i add more raspberry preserve its going to be very sweet. I was wondering if i could make it from fresh raspberries, just cook it with some sugar to make a sauce and mix it with my Italian meringue buttercream?? What do you guys think? Has anyeone made raspberry sauce at home for their butter creams? Does it need refrigeration? ANy good recipes to use for the sauce? Thanks! 

5 replies
hippiecac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hippiecac Posted 18 May 2016 , 2:54am
post #2 of 6

For my raspberry buttercream I use freeze-dried raspberries. You get the true berry flavor with no added sugar.

I don't have exact measurements, but what I do is pulse the freeze-dried berries in my Ninja blender, then put through a fine mesh sieve to remove the seeds. You basically wind up with raspberry powder. Add that to your buttercream (I use SMBC), beat until well mixed. It's so good!

CatherineGeorge Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CatherineGeorge Posted 18 May 2016 , 3:24am
post #3 of 6

I do what you described. I use about 60% my raspberry jam, which is just raspberries, sugar and lemon juice, by weight with Italian meringue BC.

yortma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yortma Posted 18 May 2016 , 4:04am
post #4 of 6

I very highly recommend this raspberry filling.  It is full of flavor, very fresh tasting,  and not too sweet.  I haven't used anything else since I found this recipe.  Jam just doesn't compare!!

http://www.cakeboss.com/Cake-Stuff/Recipes/Raspberry-Filling

Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 18 May 2016 , 4:36pm
post #5 of 6

I buy frozen raspberries, puree, strain and cook it down to a thick paste. No extra sugar and super raspberry flavor. I use SMBC also and customers love it!

SoniaMT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SoniaMT Posted 19 May 2016 , 2:14pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks Guys! these are great ideas! Im going to be making the filling today! Im going to go get some frozen raspberries. The freeze dried raspberry idea is very interesting. Im going to try that one day, im sure that would work with any freeze dried fruit! 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%