Loop Bow With Curly Cues Tips!

Decorating By Mamalynseyloo Updated 17 May 2016 , 7:53am by Nancylou

Mamalynseyloo Posted 16 May 2016 , 5:14pm
post #1 of 7

6 replies
Mamalynseyloo Posted 16 May 2016 , 5:19pm
post #2 of 7

Only my title posted...weird! Sorry about that! I made this cake last week, and overall I was happy with how it came out but I definitely need to do some fine tuning. What does everyone use to attach their loops to the bow?? I used gumpaste and water but close up you could see the glue. How do you conceal it?? I wish I had taken a closer photos so I could give a visual. 900_loop-bow-with-curly-cues_988509573a0109da634.jpg

Nancylou Posted 17 May 2016 , 1:10am
post #3 of 7

I use candy melts and try to match the color of the bow, then before it dries I try to wipe away the excess so it's not visible.  Also, if you extend the length of your loops, not the loops part, that is fine, but maybe the last half inch or so make it flat where they join together.  The flat part is easier to attach and hide deeper inside so it's not visible.  I hope that makes sense.

Nancylou Posted 17 May 2016 , 1:13am
post #4 of 7

P.S.  That's a really cute cake.

Mamalynseyloo Posted 17 May 2016 , 4:44am
post #5 of 7

@Nancylou ‍ Thank you!  It was a joint birthday cake for my mother in law, sister in law, and my four year old son, so I had to make it gender neutral.  Although it came out looking kinda like a baby shower cake lol  

Yes, your description makes sense!  This might be a stupid question, but you said you use candy melts to match the bow color...in the case of doing a multi color bow like I did here, do you do melts for each color, or...?? Thank you!

bubs1stbirthday Posted 17 May 2016 , 7:09am
post #6 of 7

I used melted chocolate when I did mine. It was a single colour so I only had to dye it the one colour. If you had many colours I would probably pick a complimentary colour (like maybe bright green for your bow) and use that while cleaning up as much excess as I could as I went.

Also I cut out a gumpaste round and let that dry and set the whole bow on to that when I did a 'polka dot' cake.

Nancylou Posted 17 May 2016 , 7:53am
post #7 of 7

Right, follow what bubs1stbirthday said about using a neutral color.  I think I even used white candy melts against a red and green loopy bow for a Christmas cake and you couldn't tell.  As long as you clean it up before it dries it will not be noticeable.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%