Is Thia A Reasonable Price For This Cake???

Business By yjflores1 Updated 16 May 2016 , 12:08pm by -K8memphis

yjflores1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yjflores1 Posted 16 May 2016 , 6:06am
post #1 of 6

[postimage id="3871" thumb="900"]Hi guys!

Although I'm getting better at charging I still struggle a bit because I'm afraid people might think I'm insane for charging the way I do but I only know how long it takes me to work on these cakes . I don't want to loose my precious time from my family for something not worth it. I was asked for a replica of this sponge bob cake I charged the gal $120 for this cake no filling and 20/30 serving cake. I thought it was a fair price considering the details but I wanted to get some feedback ?? Please and thank you :) she was fine with paying that amount.

5 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 16 May 2016 , 11:47am
post #2 of 6

well you've got the copyright bug biting you first of all -- so that's no bueno --

but if this were a generic figure your price is respectable although it slides dramatically from $6 a serving (solid) to $4 a serving (weak but holding on) -- your serving range is 50% additional servings -- 

i think my 2-d sculptures should have a minimum starting price of at least $150 but no copyrights

best to you

-K8memphis Posted 16 May 2016 , 11:48am
post #3 of 6

plug your phone in :)

Jinkies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jinkies Posted 16 May 2016 , 11:49am
post #4 of 6

I don't think you overcharged at all.  I probably would've been somewhere around $125-$150 with a filling and 2 layers.

Jinkies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jinkies Posted 16 May 2016 , 11:52am
post #5 of 6

@-K8memphis ‍ We seem to be following each other around and posting on the same threads, at the same time, this morning.  Great minds think alike :)

-K8memphis Posted 16 May 2016 , 12:08pm
post #6 of 6

clap.png hahaha 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%